2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1998 Monterey Diamond 3.2 Petrol--Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 17:36    Post subject: 1998 Monterey Diamond 3.2 Petrol--Help Reply with quote

Hi, wonder if anyone on here had same prob and can shed some light on it, when truck started from cold , all ok, tickover sweet, no signs of faults, drive off, then within a minute RPM comes up to around 2500-3000 , only having it in gear slows it enough cionstantly breaking to pull- slow it up, if i stop go to park/neutral it goes to 2500-3000 then after a minute creeps down to around 800rpm and idles great , have checked vac lines, nothing else visible, if i turn off engine sometimes it goes up again sometimes just ticks over as normal , any help will be appreciated, Tony
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 17:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TonyC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one more thing, there is what sounds like a fan(prob aircon fan) that kicks in for a few seconds when rpm goes up(when stationary at idle) , cheers ,Tony
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to get the fault codes as it could be several things.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the tips here re high idle on petrol motor http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10080
TonyC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great info there guys , thanks.

One other thing, i seem to have the dreaded immobiliser intermitant " i aint going to start" now and again issue , rather embarrassing while filling up with fuel and it wont have it for 3-4 mins , only happened 3 times last two weeks , is there a way to remove it , and kill it off , would be interested to know why this happens on these cars , i did hear once that it could be auto box inhibitor switch or something with the starter motor, any help would be appreciated , or if any one wants to earn a few bob to sort it then just get in touch , cheers Tony Cool
TonyC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
I think you need to get the fault codes as it could be several things.

Is it possible to do without some rip off garage doing it , ie without OBD connection .

Tony
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its sounding like the mobile phone thing and the dodgy immobiliser .
This could help http://www.ukpoc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52591
But your unit could be anywhere behind the glove box area.
Mine used to die and not even crank  Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyC wrote:
...intermitant " i aint going to start"...i did hear...that it could be...something with the starter motor...

My 1997 V6 just recently exhibited similar symptoms - the starter contacts needed to be replaced.
boritz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. in my case there was no 3-4 minute delay - I could try again a few times in succession to get the starter to turn over.
TonyC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys n gals , a quick update on the beast , after  some trial and error , the idle was of course a knackerd Idle Control Valve , now with new one its sorted, sweet as a nut, .Next up was the immobiliser , well turns out that if i start the thing with my foot on brake pedal it 9.9999999% starts up, so far this week its not failed , so well happy , this came to light after taking it in to local 4x4 Off Road Workshop to have all new drive belts , strange but there you go, so , after a bit of elbow grease and time its spot on , while i was at it i also did Auto Box Oil, changed Thermostate(as heating not to good),Undersealed the whole underneath,and had good clean,car i must say looks cracking.

Tony Cool
Slate
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, sounds like you've got you problems sorted and got on with other bits too.
boritz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Good one.

I assume that the 9.9...% (~10%) was a typo and meant to read 99.9...% (~100%)  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: