4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ITOC Big bash attending list

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm back home, trooper is in the naughty corner again......

waiting to go out this morning. then it just stopped Evil or Very Mad
No fuel, tried to undo the fuel pipes to investigate and sheared off the banjo/steel fuel pipe, end of the errand Laughing

Clive in his superb NAVARO towed us off the soaking wet grass to the awaiting AA low loader....wet, very wet, soaking wet grass. On a slope, and on road tyres, it just pulled away without a single wheelspin....suitably impressed us all!

credit where its due, excellent vehicle
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 18:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

peter1975

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Hope you get it sorted
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not even looked at it yet!
Might just sell it as it is, I've had enough of Trooper 3.0's Crying or Very sad
peter1975

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame as it looked good   Sad  I think you was behind me on sat and when you went through that water it looked  Cool . You getting a 3.1 next   Question  Smile
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Range Rover V8 next...... Very Happy
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacksdad1963 wrote:

you really DO enjoy being under the bonnet  Shocked  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

David ltm47
peter1975

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacksdad1963 wrote:

Nice a p38  Question  Cool
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep!
My mates currently restoring one, and knows of another that the owner has lost interest with........
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it let you down

You had a look at trooper yet ? Could be easy fix ..

If it was me I'd stick with it ...

But that's just me , at end of day it up to you

P.S could you pm me the info about the lights please ..

Thanks

Ian
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

range rover heard the saying jumping out the frying pan into the fire Laughing i know how you fell about having anothe of it had a 07 transit 2 and half yrs old 11000 mile when i got run perfect upto 24000 then loads of valves and sensors seals and at 43000 bottom end seized bent crank turbo run dry.It was treat like a car serviced twice as many times than recomended when it got written off i was glad to see the back of it, some motors seem to have a curse on them.Dont blame you for getting rid of it count you lose and move on but would check for something simple.
omega63

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Range Rovers and Land Rovers are really no different to Isuzu,s in many ways in that they all suffer from electrical/mechanical CREMLINS Shocked !!!!!!, the biggest problem with R/R,s & L/R,s is there over engineering Rolling Eyes . There far to many fancy electronic gadgets that seem to go wrong if your lucky before the manufactures warrantys expire but mostly after  Shocked  Evil or Very Mad , take for instance my uncle who owns a hubble old P38 2.5 TD R/R the battery failed not such a big thing you could say. He decided to replace the battery himself, he purchased a battery and began to disconnect the old failed battery THAT!!!!!! is when it all went wrong BIG STYLE!!!!! Shocked firstly the central door locking de-programmed itself closely followed by the immobiliser. Unable to get back in with the key fob, he got in with the key then it would not start!!!!! the instrument panel lit up like " Blackpool Illuminations " with more noises than heavy rock concert. It ended up at the "dealers" a local Landrover main agents, they had for 2.5 days and stung him for £540. jeeezzzzz!!!!! they ended up re-programming the whole car each and every control unit in turn. Don,t get me wrong L/R,s & R/R,s are very popular 4x4,s with great looks  Very Happy , but i myself prefare the more simple and basic things, easy fixes you get from the Isuzu Troopers cheap as chips Very Happy with no expensive repair bills at the "dealers" Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy ...
Redneckriceburner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big Land Rover fan but a P38 no don't do it they are the worst 4x4's on the planet, more *beep* electronics and sensors for the air con than your 3.0l has in the entire 4x4, even the most harden Landy boy's think twice before entering the P38 club. I know the 3.0L can be a pain but a bad P38 would make Bill Gates cry in poverty. You have done a lot of work to yours and most things are sorted I would bear with it and save yourself from becoming bankrupt. I have owned several P38's when they were new and most of the time they were sat in a Land Rover dealer with problems, if you must buy a Landy buy something with a 300 TDI in it, it may not be fast but it will be a lot better than a P38, or just buy a 3.1 Trooper if you want a simple life wav
Twister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going off what Ted said after Tech 2 ing yours, we both reckon it's a fuel line issue. Have you tried running it out of a jerry can yet ?

"Tongue-tied and Twisted; just an Earth-bound misfit,  I..."
 -  PF

LTM # 000002
Redneckriceburner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

X66DAG wrote:
jacksdad1963 wrote:

you really DO enjoy being under the bonnet  Shocked  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Or at the petrol pump LOL 12MPG does not sound that bad but living with it is very bad unless you use Tesco's fuel then at least you can eat free from all the club card points you collect Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: