All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

what a pain

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be phoning AF end of next week for a renewal, been with them 2yrs and for me an Tracey several years NCD we pay
400 including the extras such as flux recovery etc etc.
Last year they tried to increase our premium by 40 odd but haggled them back to the previous years price.
Will be interesting to see if they load us for Tracey's NON fault claim recently even tho she never claimed for any
injuries.
If they hold the price at 400quid again we will re-insure with them  Wink

David ltm47
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 19:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Fett

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

X66DAG wrote:
I'll be phoning AF end of next week for a renewal, been with them 2yrs and for me an Tracey several years NCD we pay
400 including the extras such as flux recovery etc etc.
Last year they tried to increase our premium by 40 odd but haggled them back to the previous years price.
Will be interesting to see if they load us for Tracey's NON fault claim recently even tho she never claimed for any
injuries.
If they hold the price at 400quid again we will re-insure with them  Wink

Managed to do the same  Very Happy
sharjah
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 19:24    Post subject: Rip off every time! Reply with quote

Is it really worth having comprehensive?  My son has a really nice(well was) E320 Merc diesel He recently had a young newbie driver bang into him. Result....the insurance wrote it off.Needed a new n/s wing and they have offered him  £1900 for a car worth much more( 5grand book price) .Thankfully my other son has a garage and can repair for about £1200(trade).So the insurers have it both ways in premiums and small payouts.
Fett

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

car insurance is legalised theft, just like fuel prices. its a sad state of affairs!

come the revolution  Shocked
Malcolm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shop around every year. It allways amazes me how the comany you are with, suddenly puts your premium up, so you go with another company who offer a better quote for the next year, then when its renewal time, up it goes again, you shop around and end up with a better quote from the same company that you changed from the year before. Its happened to me three times now.
I think they are all offering a discount for new bussiness, then they rely on you staying with them in the belief that they are looking after you.
The repair trade does not help matters either, with over inflated prices because they know its being paid for by the insurance companies.
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it turns out I didn't pay 400 last year but 369 Laughing new renewal 452 so calls them up and they wont / cant move on
the price because I have had no other quotes.
I say why should I come back to you with lower quotes for you to then match or beat, that is a gamble on
your part, tell you what I'll not phone round but meet you in the middle at 400.
Sorry it's a chance we have to take as we cannot move on the price.

So after 5 mins on compare the meercat got loads of quotes starting at 268 but without the extras.
Calls A/F back we go thru the quotes and find a "like for like" all the extras plus recovery at 378
A/F puts me on hold for a minute then comes back with 359 all in including flux recovery from
Red Star whom we are already insured with Laughing
so for 2 short calls 5mins on the lappy paid a tenner less than last year and 90 quid less than they asked for
100 quid saving in all.
For those wondering why I bothered calling A/F back it was because they know the truck is an Itoc member
THEY value it at 4500  Cool  because they handled our Non- Fault claim recently with out drama,
and I really couldn't be ar5ed dealing with another company that doesn't under stand Isuzu's
get used for green laning and do have immobilisers fitted on them etc etc  Rolling Eyes    Laughing

moral is Do your home work before calling your existing insurer Evil or Very Mad

David ltm47
Malcolm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result Very Happy  Happy days.
Just a PITA when you have to get a better quote before they will do something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: