2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Frontal Parts needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EUGENE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 15:33    Post subject: Frontal Parts needed. Reply with quote

Hi all,
Looking for guidance on best places to try ( UK ) to get some frontal bits for my 03 Isuzu   3.0 ltr. Wizard Import.

This  is an import from the U.States Though is R.H.D.

It appears to be more often referred to as a Rodeo  or ? Rodeo Sport. I stand to be corrected.

I am having difficulty here in N.Ire. in getting  the parts I need. Have placed search on 247, Parts Gateway and Find-A-Part  search engines  but no replies received

Front bumper with bumper bar, grill and a passenger side headlamp which has completely clear plastic lens and the reflector  is the crystal / diamond cut design.

Should I be unable to acquire  these items I would consider buying a used  front  , in Silver,  from  a  UK model of trooper. This may also include a pair of matching headlamps and the bonnet as mine requires a little repair.

Can anyone advise me on the (a) where to try for original spec  parts and  (b) will  an 03  ' Euro spec '  parts  as above fit.
My front wings are unmarkedand  will not be changed.
What model year(s)  should  I be looking at if I take the latter  route ?

Have tried to put a photo up of my 'WIZWRD'  on my profile for fellow members to see what i am talking about,  but the system was to much  for al awl  grey surfer like me !
Maybe this could be a third question I could slip in.

Many thanks in advance to any responses.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 15:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it look like this:

In which case your looking at a bit of a hybrid. Bodywork stuff its Vauxhall Frontera ... engine and drivetrain (mechanicals) I would say Mk.IV Trooper.

I might be wrong though.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

EUGENE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 16:03    Post subject: Frontal Parts Needed. Reply with quote

How did you do that ?
Did I miss seeing an, Add Image  icon?

In any case Thanks for your quick response, much appreciated.

This silver 'Hybrid ' is indeed very similar to my Wizard. Same pair of raised ribs extending from corner of bumper along sides to corners of rear bumper. Quite stylish, me thinks!

Difference being only the the font grille and some of the detail on the front bumper.

My bumper has round fog lamps, 4 squarish holes on bottom centre and the grille has 8 openings (holes) in it . The grille is a full width one piece item which incorporates the slips below the headlamps.

Hope this helps.
Eugene
EUGENE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 18:54    Post subject: Frontal Parts Needed. Reply with quote

Forgot to add, the headlamps and indicator lens  are the same shape as mine.

Re. the bumper, My bumper does not have the washer jet as shown on the above photo.

Would be quite happy to get a bumper the same as it , especially as it has the pair of raised ribs on the corners as on mine.

Grill though shall have to be an Isuzu  badged item in keeping with rest of vehicle. Vauxhall would not just look right on it !

Search continues.
Eugene.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the "Rodeo" you have wasn't available in the UK.

Vauxhall used it and re-badged it as per the picture above. To be honest once you have the bits off body wise it will be exactly the same underneath. Body parts should be completely interchangeable.

You could swap the badges over Wink

Deceased

EUGENE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 22:39    Post subject: Frontal Parts Needed. Reply with quote

Hi Rhanagar,

My V5 states Make ISUZU. Model Wizard.

I will therefore refrain from removing the Isuzu  badge.

Are there only two types of headlamp  used on the entire  range ie the earlier  true rectangular shape  and the latter with the sloped inner side.
Mine is the type with the slopped inner side, no washer/ wiper  and has, at the rear of lamp a manual adjusting rod.
I am thinking here of my options for  a replacement grille

Did any of the  03 model range  of  UK spec  Troopers  have  a bumper with the pair of raised ribs on their corners?

If not  which, if any, Troopers do not have the plastic arch trims fitted.

Reason for asking  is my car does not have the arch trims which when fitted are extended on the bumper ends hence not wanting a bumper with them.

I hope  fellow members like  yourself can guide me through my  predicament .

Eugene.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest ... without actually looking at both vehicles. If yours is the same body shape as above then Trooper body parts won't fit, and your stuck with Frontera stuff.

Deceased

kennymac
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it this is you
EUGENE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hanagar,  as i can not post a photo yet one can see what I need from an ad I have currently on eebuygum, well a carefully worded  ad.

If you do an abay search on  'Isuzu Trooper Rodeo Parts', the image of  a Wizard can be seen. The ad has only 11 hrs to go at time of writing ( Sat 23.27) .

Shall re-list the ad when it expires.

Eugene.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the model. I would say a Frontera grill would bolt straight on. And the front bumper as well ... in fact everything look the same apart from the grill. You just need to find the parts now.

The Frontera bumper with washers should be a direct fit and the wiring in place for them. Just add a pump into the bottle, relay in the engine bay and switch in the dash.

Deceased

EUGENE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 0:49    Post subject: Frontal Parts Needed. Reply with quote

Many thanks Rhanagar for your help, it has been much appreciated.

I now have the confidence in the route I will be taking to get the parts required and fit them.

Eugene.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dare I say it but try the Frontera Owners Group (FOG):

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk/forums/index.php

People are breaking them as we speak so you might be able to get some bits from there. Failing that Eblag.

I will add that I am supposing here and fairly confident, but obviously without actually having the bits n front of me I cannot be 100% certain.

Deceased

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: