2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Two Stroke Oil in Diesel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mozref

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 23:28    Post subject: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel Reply with quote

As anyone read the reports on placing 300ml of cheap Two Stroke Mineral Oil with a tank full of Diesel, read the reports on the Internet, as the Diesel we buy today is a low sulphur type, this process will lubricate engine parts but also give you more miles per gallon.
Anyone tried it with an Isuzu - what do you think?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 23:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rich31td

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually started doing this last week! I got a litre of two stroke garden machinery oil from Halfords for £5, i got a discount as I complained that the cotainer was oily! Rolling Eyes

Only real difference I have noticed is the smell and is a bit quiter.
Had MOT yesterday and it got through the smoke test first pass limit of 1.5m-1.
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlikely to have any technical facts to go with it as the clearences in the injection systems are measured  in microns so oil would be sheared out.

This does come up a lot on other forums so maybe it's  more than an urban legend  involved but I'd say its down to the driver placebo type effect - or possibly the oil shifts some carbon off the injector nozzels so it seems better.

Like when you do your own service or repairs the truck runs smoother so the wallet is less stressed .
rich31td

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your are right, this comes up a HELL of a lot on other forums, I belived the hype started when Mercedes started using in their diesels when in countries with poor quility fuel?

If anyone is interested I just found Tesco Fuel stations selling "Castrol Act>Evo 2T" two stroke oil for £4.25 a litre! This exceeds JASO FC spec. So I just got 4 litres of the stuff. Rolling Eyes
Philip A.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been adding 0.25% 2T oil to the diesel in my cars for a few years, as an insurance against poor injector pump lubrication. I know some others who do so, including a mechanic friend of mine who runs a fleet of 8-10 safari vehicles and uses 2T anytime he's not sure of the quality of the fuel.

The main problem around here is that kerosene for lamps is much cheaper than diesel... so it has a tendency to end up in the petrol stations main tanks, especially in the backcountry!

I don't have scientific data, but I do notice that there is less noise from under the bonnet whenever there is 2T in the tank.
Ed Halliday

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using mineral engine oil in my diesel for a while now, any cheap kind, quieten's down my 3.1, cant say it gets me any more mpg!

Cheers

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: