All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Can a 3.0 ltr run on veg oil

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicerass

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never bubble dried my fuel, always wet wash, my finished product could and will one day be tested to meet EN standards but i am not ready for that stage yet as too many big firms are taking the rich pickings of cheap raw ingredients, and it makes one wonder, as this article is a .gov article, whether it is strategically written to put the small producer off altogether, its not an article i wold like my customers to read, it might put them off the idea for good, and then i am doing the governments work for them  Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 18:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

so back to proper question stick to proper derv  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
nicerass

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Richard but just trying to educate people into Bio is not easy, Confused  once you have used Refined Bio fuel you would wonder what all the fuss is about, but each to thier own, me not a preacher just save around £1200 on the annual family fuel bills. The vehicles are serviced regularly by the garage and it works for us, thats my point. The government will obviously do all it can to get money in and the free allowance will be the next to suffer, we will then get Anarchy and the world will end. Sad  Sad  Shocked
Dibblah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like anything else - You can go for perfect, spend £1200 on test equipment and parts to pass the tests. Or you can go for "good enough" - Which may cut a year or so off the working life of a 25 year old engine Smile

It's all good. The likely failure modes from bad bio are not catastrophic - a full injector set and grinding the valve seats is pretty much the worst that can happen. Most of the issues with starting down the bio route are due to incompatible rubbers and 'varnish (actually, dino residue)' being eaten away by the biodiesel. Generally, that only happens in the tank / tank connectors and blocks the filter. However, all diesel in the UK is at least a small quantity of bio now, so this has probably already passed through.

Still, look and change your filter if necessary when starting on 100%.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Allan.
bun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bun here i want to carry on using bio fuel  can i get it up here ans can i *beeb*  
would like to do the setup in my garage  it would be if i can get  a source for the  oil
would want to buy the small washer first  because it would only be for me and that would be fine
brett your wee truck is a great wee truck me and tracie love it  does the job that we want
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

X66DAG wrote:
A member under the guise of Rally Marshall said he ran his on it without issues, However the majority
of 3ltr owners (self included) would not run the risk, believe me I have talked it over with many members
but felt that the saving in fuel ( 5 thousand odd miles a year) against a grand for a new set of injectors  
didn't for me add up to a saving for the risk involved

Veggy oil is best left for the ole 2.8s and 3.1s

i did use to run my 3.0 on veg oil, used to run nice but i cant remember how much i put in it, did remember over doing it and it stunk like a chip van,
stopped using it as it was a pain mixing it as i used to have a 25 litre drum in which i mixed it before putting it in the tank,
oh and she still runs fine, has been on red diesel for the last 12 months as she is now on farm limited use, (wish i kept her now)

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
scj103
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to this particular party as I am, I thought you might like to know that this is the 4th year I have been running my 3.0 on veg/derv mix. In the winter i run at 25% veg and in the summer I run at 33% (6 L/18L or 6L/15L)
Performance is good, its a little smelly, not too bad. Starts and runs as well as it did on straight diesel. Paying 95ppl for veg oil means that im paying 1.27/l and returning (very gently I know) 35mpg = 16.5ppm

I will say this:- I made a big effort to get the truck running as well as I feasibly could. I resealed the oil pickup pipes in the sump, replaced the ORPS (well Isuzu did when they recalled to check injector serial numbers) fuel filters get changed about every 3000 miles, oil is 0w30 in winter and 5w30 in summer.

I do about 6k a year in my truck, love it to bits, but it does make a noticeable difference to me cost wise.
Mine is the first year of the 3.0 and the original injectors. I think these must have been before cost and corners were being cut, but who knows...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: