2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Petrol to Diesel enginge swap in USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troopersafe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your information.  I am in California US where Diesel Troopers are not available due to our government's restrictive regulations and prohibition on imported Diesel vehicles. I own a 1999 Petro powered Trooper, and I am seriously planning to convert my Petro Trooper to Diesel.  I am researching all possible obtainable Diesel engines available on the market that can be installed in my Trooper including the Isuzu diesel engines 4JG2, 4JX1, and the Toyota Diesel engine 1KD-FTV.  It would be much easier to install an Isuzu Diesel rather than a Toyota 1KD-FTV in a Trooper although the 1KD-FTV is probably one of current best and powerful Diesel available out there on the market.  Isuzu 4JG2 is definitely good enough but not as powerful and tends to be much noisier than the 4JX1.  I am planning to purchase a Diesel engine/transmission and wire harness from Japan but have not decided yet which one to purchase.  I like the specifications on the 4JX1 but am afraid of getting the early 98/99 with bad turbos and yet to be replaced injectors.  I guess I can make sure to obtain the later 4JX1 engine by looking up the engine code number (if anyone can provide the engine code numbr versus year of production, I will greatly appreciate) and replace the original injectors with new ones or just replace the injector sleeves and keeping the original injectors (Anyone, please comment on this if you have the answers).  I have been reading most of the posts here on the recall.  I am not sure if we have enough data on the recurrent problems since there have not been not much km or miles put on the 4JX1 after the recall/replacement of the injectors and turbo.  However, I am willing to take that chance by leaning toward getting the 4JX1 Isuzu diesel engine over the 4JG2 engine, just simply because 4JX1 is much more quiet engine, more torque and powerful engine than the 4JG2 (Any Bighorn Troopers - please comment on this!) I will be using my Trooper, hopefully after a successful Petro to Diesel conversion, for towing my other hobby vehicles (MGA, XKE and braked trailer of combined weight as much as 5,000 pounds) and economy daily driving around town.  
Cheers from Harris
Wanting a reliable and powerful Trooper
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dudley115

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you provide me with the steps to take to put the 1KD-FTV engine and transmission into the bighorn body. A wiring diagram would be much appreciated too.
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your going for a 4jx1 you will need the ecu and immob ecu and the harness behind the dash as well as keys that match them
dudley115

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info but i have a 02 trooper that i want to put a 1kd toyota engine in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: