2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2002 question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nthor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 21:55    Post subject: 2002 question Reply with quote

Hi,  Sorry for what may be a repeat question but I have had a good look around the site but could not find my answer.  I have today looked at a 3.0, it has a small blow on what sounds like the down pipe but other than that drives ok.  My concern is recalls, I got the VIN number and tried to check on any work done but the car looks to be a grey import.  I have been told by local dealer that the VIN relates to Cyprus however there are recipts for lots of service work etc starting from 1000 miles all the way up to its current 80K, but dealer told me it looks like its not been into the franchise network..

I can only assume no recalls (if there are any for a 2002) have been done, dealer said they would have to contact "home market" to see in any recalls done and if not Japan would then be asked if they would still cover any outstanding, dealer said it will be down to Japan?

There must be loads of people driving grey imports so am wondering what are the chances of any recalls being covered by Japan given it looks like a import,

thanks in advance Nigel
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 21:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TrooperDan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give Isuzu Motors a bell and ask them the question and which dealer to use  Idea
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just purchased a 98 cyprus registered trooper that still needs an iz17 the previous owner got sent a letter but never had it done, i phoned a dealer to check if there were any other recalls outstanding and they said no but i know it hasn't had the w0076 either so i emailed i.m  and asked the same question and they straight away added the w0076 to the recalls outstanding so japan are still covering recalls on the imports
nthor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have emailed IM three times and phoned twice, state of play so far:

They have no info on chassis number so tell me its an import and told me to email them.

I have asked about recall work on the email but still no reply.

Phoned again today and am told to hang on someone will get back to me normally takes a few days

My concern is the history with the car relates to a garage that is now closed, so I am reliant on IM checking with Japan....or so i am told and then its down to them if they will ok any work that's due

Anyone else been in a same position and how did it end,  Eithan at least had a recall notice as a starting point where I have nothing other than what IM tell me.

thanks Nigel
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask for Adrian hog he was the one who sorted mine out top bloke!!
boblydon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sorted mine out aswell, never managed to speak to him but sorted no bother via a few emails

bob
nthor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good News  Laughing

Have had email from Adrian Hog and the car has received injector recall work here in the UK but is outstanding the wire loom No76, I have been told to book it into a dealer and it will be done.  great result.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice  Cool

I have to say I have always been impressed with Isuzu. For example, my rear prop centre bearing has gone on my Mk.I. Guess what a pain trying to source one has been. Bit the bullet and gave my local main dealer a phone call. They did the usual and asked for the VIN number as they had to email Japan for the part number. Anyways 2 hours later they phoned me back and told me they had a reply and could get the last remaining one in the UK next day to Norwich ready for my collection for a nice sum of £50. Not bad as its the complete unit carrier and all. Outstanding service. Just need to replace it now.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: