QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

WEEKENDER in the woods***Friday August 23rd-mon 26th August

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Gregsta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 23:56    Post subject: WEEKENDER in the woods***Friday August 23rd-mon 26th August Reply with quote

Greetings ITOC....You guys are invited to join us at the...

***WEEKENDER in the woods*** Friday August 23rd-mon 26th August 8) 8) 8)

at our woods down here in Kent...

I know this clashes with your Annual Meet, but should any of your guys not be able to make the ITOC do, but can make it over here for the day even, you are more than welcome and it would be great to meet you.

A chance for Foggers/ITOC from far and wide to come down, to have some fun in our woods, drink some beer and have blinding weekend with the SE posse...
This will be our 4th year in the woods, and the woods are looking great, a true testament to everybody's help, hard-work and support and the fun we have all had down there...so it is only fitting that we all have some fun and kick back in the evenings and enjoy some well earned bevvy's and great company in our unique setting. :to much:

Camping will be in our clearing in the woods itself, not in a field somewhere miles away...

After the success of the last weekenders we are sure that this one can be bigger and better...!!!

Arrivals from 3pm Friday....Departure by 11am Monday....

Cost per car and driver for either day £20...
Cost per car and driver for both days £40 incl camping sat night...
Cost per adult visitor (other than the driver of a car above) £5 per day...
Cost for camping Sat night FREE...
Cost for arriving Friday afternoon/evening £5 per adult
Cost of staying over till Monday £5 per adult

Please be assured that Sally and I do not organize these events to earn money, the proceeds from the events cover the rent of the land and maintaining it, and materials we need to buy for everyone to use...if any extra is raised it will go towards developing the site further for everyone's enjoyment and for stuff for everyone attending to use...

The FOG-BOG will be there again....
The FOG-BOG is for female 1's and 2's and male 2's....trees are for male 1's!!! Laughing Laughing

The FOG-B-Q will be there, we will need loads of charcoal, and a separate supplies list for Sat and Sun will be put up nearer the date...
Please consider when adding names to the supplies list that we will looking to cater for everyone on the list for 2 lunches and 2 evenings + 2 breakfasts...
I am going to suggest that the members coming down Friday night bring their own supplies for that night and brekky in the morning...
If you have pledged to bring stuff down, then it is imperative that you let me know if you cant make it for any reason in good time, so we can source the additional things we will need...Will have been kindly donated a fridge and freezer for up the workshop by fudge, so can store safely frozen stuff from Friday till needed later in the weekend.

Campers please ensure that you bring torches as it gets really dark in the woods at night!
Water containers, deck chairs, camping lights, would be handy if anyone has any they can bring along...

Driving will not be permitted in the camping area or it will get all churned up...it will be clearly marked...

Camping positions will be allocated on arrival based on the number of tents/vans coming so as to make best use of the space and to ensure good safe access is maintained...

We are planning some competitions too...all for a bit of fun...that will test your driving ability...

Directions to get to a meet point near the woods will be pm'd to all attending nearer the time....

Quote:
Rules...
I do not organise off road events, so you are being invited to attend a picnic in these woods,
the rules of which are as follows....

Litter will be taken home or in the bins provided or burnt if burnable...
No open fires...
No irresponsible behaviour which is deemed (by the landowner, by me or someone assigned by me), a hazard to anyone (yourself &/or others)...
5mph speed limit on site for safety reasons...
5 mph speed limit through farm yard and past horses in fields...
No loud stereos,car horns or noisy behaviour near the farm or animals or anywhere on site...
No entering prohibited areas as determined by the landowner and me...
No cutting of trees or wood without my permission...
No motorbikes, quads or go-karts...
Rope swings in the clearing are old and not safe, so please do not use or allow you children to...
Children/ dogs to be kept under control and with parents/owners at all times...
Please keep children away from the open fires...
Cash up front on arrival, and sign the disclaimer, we shouldnt have to chase people for payment...
FOG/ITOC members and family only, unless I have agreed it prior to the event...
Drinking and driving will NOT be permitted in the woods...if we do a night time excursion, anyone who appears at all intoxicated to me will be excluded, no arguments...

Please note...
Should anyone choose to venture into the woods in their vehicle, I will not be held responsible for any injury/damage or loss whatsoever...
I would suggest that motor insurance that covers you, your vehicle to be used off road and 3rd parties would be a good idea, as otherwise you are uninsured when at these gatherings, and myself nor the landowner have insurance in place that will cover you or anything that may result from your actions to a 3rd party.
It is your responsibility to take out cover should you wish to protect your asset and those around you, if you chose not to then you must understand that it is your responsibility to deal with any claim resulting from your actions. If you are unwilling to do this, or think that I or the landowner will sort it out for you, then don't take you car into the woods.
You must understand that driving on difficult terrain is difficult and hence you should only take your car into the woods if you are sure that you are, confident in your ability to do so safely, understand your vehicles capabilities, and have assessed for yourself the terrain such that you are certain you can drive it with no risk to yourself or others. You must always exercise care and act safely with due consideration for others in the woods.

These are the rules...please only attend if you accept them, you will be required to sign prior to entrance that you agree.

Please be assured that Sally and I do not organise these meets to earn money, we just facilitate the use of a bit of woodland that we all can enjoy, the proceeds from the meets cover the rent of the land and materials we need to buy for everyone to use...if any extra is raised it will go towards maintaining and developing the site further or buying stuff for everyone's enjoyment...
We give our time for free, as do the many of our members who attend the workdays and do stuff between our gatherings.
We hope that everyone enjoys themselves and have a good time, but we will not tolerate anyone who tries to disrupt the meets or acts in a way that is not considerate towards the other members of the group, or that risks our future usage of the woods.
Be under no illusion, we have all put so much effort into getting this off the ground that anyone will be ejected from the woods and excluded from future meets if their conduct warrants it...we all want to have fun, and have put loads of work into making a fun place where we can enjoy each others company and our trucks, and as such we are not going to loose it.
Clearly with anything like this someone needs to take charge so that things can run smoothly...that someone is me, and Sally...
Please follow any instructions that Sally or I may give, we want everyone to have fun as much as you hopefully do, and if either of us asks you to do/not do something, its not for our benefit, if will genuinely be for the benefit of everyone, so your cooperation will be appreciated and expected.
Sally and I, whilst facilitating these meets, are not there to wait on you, so everyone is expected to muck in with things that need doing around the site. We, and everyone attending, appreciate the help from those who arrive early to help set up, stay to clear down, and those who cook, but everyones assistance in keeping the site clean and tidy while we are there is imperative. Tasks will be delegated if it seems that some are doing less than others to keep things fair...we are all there to have fun, and a little bit of effort from everyone will ensure this.

Its gonna be a blinder, we love the weekenders...its what the woods are all about and makes all the hard work by the SE posse so worthwhile!!..and this is great opportunity to have some fun and chill out in our own unique setting!!!! Wink

Look forwards to seeing you all down here...

Laters

Greg, Sally and the SE posse!!! 8)

So if you like the look of this..... 8)

.....then add your name to the list below and don't miss out....it will be wicked!!

Please indicate in the list below...
The days you are coming....(IE..Fri pm, Sat, Sun, Mon)
Whether you are camping...if so tent or caravan (so we can plan the space) and number of tents...
Number of people in your party...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 23:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rabbitt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you guys could have just come to the BB ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: