QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Engine fuel, injetors and pressure problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger Junior

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 17:16    Post subject: Engine fuel, injetors and pressure problems Reply with quote

hey there....
I have a Isuzu Wizzard 3.0DOHC 4jx1.
first the engine was failing while working so I took it to my mechanic, I though it was just dirty diesel, but he took of the injetors, when he put them back the problem was worse. I took my car to another mechanic because the engine only starts when I put some petrol on the air intake and keep my feet on the accelerator. the other mechanic said that my car has low pressure I dont know if its oil or fuel pressure and I was supposed to change the power head joint.

I dont think the first mechanic operated right with the injetors, is there any body who passed through the same problem?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 17:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Browndoff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Failing while working" sounds like low power-output. Is it worse at low revs - and idles with a lot of shaking of the gear-lever? That would indicate that it was firing on 3 cylinders only at present.

This can be confirmed [cheaply and easily] by disconnecting the big 10-Pin connector down by the Oil-Filler-Tube. Make up a bundle of 10 connector-wires as seen here:
and use it to re-connect all 10 leads in the connectors A to A, B to B etc. [all letters marked directly on each half of the connector-body]. Re-start the engine and then pull-off leads K, J, H and G, one at a time. Each disconnection should slow down the engine noticeably - if it doesn't then THAT LEAD goes to the injector in the cylinder with a problem.

In my case, it was lead 'H' which is for cylinder #3 [3rd from radiator] - so that Injector had to be changed. THEN - whether the replacement is a new or used injector - the ECM must be re-coded to match the Grade# on the bottom of the lid of the Injector - IFF it's different from the grade which was there before. E.G. my original injectors were all grade#42 and I replaced all with injectors grade #37 - which is just about close-enough to NOT NEED to be re-coded!

My car now runs beautifully [with NO vibration in the gear-lever!]!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: