Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Engine Oil Flush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farmergiles21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 13:26    Post subject: Engine Oil Flush Reply with quote

Re previous post can anybody offer any advice to give the engine oil a good flush out without having to put in top quality oil to allow it to go all milky again and at this point the injectors are out.

Thanks
Jack
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 13:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Browndoff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, if you've fixed the problem with the Injector-Sleeve-SEALS, then there won't be any more water in the oil to make it go 'milky'.

Secondly, if you're worried about contamination of the new oil by traces of the old - I wouldn't - it's taken so long to DO the repair, that all the old oil should have drained out by now. If you're REALLY worried - then just fill up the sump with old used oil and run it for a while and drain THAT before you refill with fresh. Either way, leave the sump-plug OUT for an hour or two to ensure that ALL the old oil is gone.
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was my car I would drop off the  hpop feed to the oil rail ,drain the oil rail (300cc)  take out the injectors and drain them and drop both of the oil filters off for new .

I would then rotate the engine counter clockwise to drain the two gear pumps and drop off the hpop feed to the overcenter valve

Contrary to the previous posters view the 3.0 holds about 2 liters back in the oilways  according to the Isuzu manual (7 for a change and 9 for refill after rebuild ) so it wont all drain out when stood .
Browndoff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected!

2 whole liters remaining after draining the sump!! Wow! That's scary!

Clearly, the very minimum required would be to replace the oil-filters and to flush with the cheapest 5W-X oil you can find! Then drain THAT, after a short run and replace the filters again - messy and expensive - but MUCH CHEAPER than the damage the ruined milky-oil can do!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: