Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

keeps cutting out and not starting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atlantic.a.616

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 23:52    Post subject: keeps cutting out and not starting Reply with quote

Hello hope someone can help.  My Isuzu trooper 3.0 engine 4JX1 has been off the road now for over 3 years and been trying various things to get it running.  basically it started cutting out while driving.  then start staightaway.  a month later it happened again.  Then each time after the period got shorter and shorter.  now it starts but only runs for a few minutes and then cuts out.  It then takes the next day to start again and then cuts out.  I've tried every trick i've read on the forum's but no joy.  fuel pump changed, Oil rail sensor and oil temp sensor changed.  harness changed, however after changing the injector harness it ran find for one day.  then back to the issue again.  I am now thinking it maybe the crank sensor, or that is what I am thinking on checking next.  Can someone tell what is involve with doing a crank sensor or crank float test?  not sure if this has any bearing on my issue but I did use the wrong engine oil for a few months and I think it was just before the issues started, however I do have the correct oil in it now.  HELP HELP please.  you might remember me from a post last year, my Isuzu is back in St Helena we dont have proper Isuzu tester Sad.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 23:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had the rail oil  pressure control valve out and checked it ?
atlantic.a.616

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gribble,  I don't think my Mechanic checked the oil pressure control valve.  will consult the manual to see what it looks like and where it is.  What am I looking for, or what type of test should be done t see if it is functioning correctly?  

Many thanks, Simon
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at my post about it in Starting issues , some pics there .

Its in the back of the hpop and is a know fault on 3.0's but you should check the solenoid coil as well as the valve on the thing .
atlantic.a.616

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gribble,

I am now back on St Helena and started working on my ISUZU.  Unfortunately my shippers forgot to post out my ECU so won’t get it till mid-December (had it checked in UK).  in the meantime I’ve taken out the OPCV.  I found that the solenoid was covered with oil even inside the electrical connector plus corrosion and like burnt oil build-up on the touching surfaces of the solenoid parts.   Used a toothpick to push the plunger back.  it only had about 4-5mm travel, I am assuming this the correct travel length.  It did not feel sticky so I am assuming that it is OK.  We cleaned up the solenoid surfaces and rubbed the corroded surfaces with polishing paper.  just checking with you if there is anything else I might be missing before putting it back together.  Is there a way to test it the Solenoid is working properly?  

Kind regards, Simon
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can check the coils resistance with a multimeter should be very low even zero .

Not much else you can do with it unless you have T2 handy really as you need to power it with milliamps and see the amount it moves to the current but there are no figures for that ,well at moment there is not .
atlantic.a.616

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks Smile.  oh forgot to mention the last time it was looked at was about 6 months ago.  when we took the OPCV out i was expecting oil to pour out of the fittings but not much did so i am assuming it drained back to the sump.  Would this be normal or could this be a cause of another issue?

Kind regards, Simon.
Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thats ok -  there is a small reservoir which is the upside down filter bit fed from the lower rear pump but there is not much oil there .
atlantic.a.616

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day Gribble, when fitting the OPCV i noticed a loose hose and filter attached to, I think a vacum switch located behind the exhaust vacum valve.  basically a vacum valve needed to be unbolted to get at the OPCV.  Behind the vacum valve is like an electrical black box and it had a hose and a T fitting that connected to another hose and filter (green and white). I found the hose and filter connected to the T junction and hanging down the side of the engine.  I feel sure it did not come loose when i removed the items to get at the OPCV.  I put my hand down under some fuel hoses and pipes and found a small metal hose connector but when trying to fit it, it felt a bit too big for the hose.  my concern is that if I dont put it back on the correct fitting it will case a porblem.  I think what I am asking is, is the location I am found the correct place or where does this hose attach to?

Unfortunately the manual was no help.  I have photos of filter and the location of the hose connector, but each time i tried to upload it it kept asking for "Enter an image url" will try to upload but if it fails would it be possible for you to message me an email address so I can send you the pics?  my email address is atlantic.a.616@gmail.com

Here goes my attempt to upload the photos.

[img]http://c:/hose and filter.jpg[/img]

[img]http://C:/hose and filter2.jpg[/img]

Kind regards, Simon
atlantic.a.616

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gribble,  managed to get pics online Smile.  
if you could let me know where this hose connects too?  

I think it connects to a connector behind a group of hoses and pipe.  could not see the connector but the second picture with the yellow arrow on it, shows the location where it is.  if you could confirm it for me or tell me where it should connect to be much appreciated Smile

Kind regards, Simon
atlantic.a.616

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: