Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ORPCV a way to clean it and get it working??

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeffin1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahaa.... Tempted are we lol.

Cmon, share the knowledge.   Very Happy  Very Happy  

You know you want to LOL
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 18:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Xeffin1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thought occurred to me, when pulling the ORPCV apart i am sure the little needle with the pointy end came out with the blunt end facing the main tube/body is this correct. Just a niggling thought. Can anyone confirm which way it fits, i am certain i have it right but... just to make sure.

Cheers
Browndoff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pity that this discussion on the HPOP and ROPCV has attracted more scorn than enlightenment - but I'll try to 'fix' what I can. I'm NOT trying to tell Gribble [or any other expert] 'how to suck eggs' - but hoping to enlighten those for whom all this stuff is NEW.

[1]       The dark plastic O-ring IS NOT split on new ROPCVs. They are made in the US [to a design shared on Ford trucks and others] and sold to Isuzu. Nowadays they're available for about $200 USD from Isuzu Autoparts.

[2]       The HPOP is a constant-output-pressure type [with a little reservoir on top to maintain the constant pressure] and the ROPCV is used to control the pressure in the Rail under 'orders' from the ECM.

As for re-assembly of the ROPCV, [a] First clean all the parts thoroughly with something like petrol  - which will evaporate and leave them dry. [b]  line the inside of the body with clean engine-oil and cover the solenoid-moved-piston with it, then insert it with its larger damper-hole toward the solenoid-end. [c]  Oil the fluted-bit and screw it in fairly tightly [d]  Oil  the longer pin and insert it [e]  oil the pointed-pin and put it into the valve-end of the trumpet-piece ** let's be clear ** the needle-end is meant to close the valve in the small cylindrical projection on the 'hidden'-end of the trumpet-piece - so its BLUNT-end faces the longer pin. [f]  screw the trumpet-piece into the main body - this can be done without damage to its surface, if you fix a tiny Jubilee-Clip around it and grip THAT!

Make sure the outer O-ring is snugly against the face of the 29mm nut before re-inserting it into the HPOP, tighten it up, slip on the Solenoid and Spacer and tighten the spring-nut GENTLY. It won't take much torque but it IS NEEDED to hold the Solenoid in place! The ROPCV can appear to fail just because the Solenoid was NOT SECURED properly!
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

"with a little reservoir on top to maintain the constant pressure"  ,its good but its not right .

Try again  Smile
Xeffin1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate all information it helps to broaden my understanding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: