2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

newbie body and suspension lift

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonffs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 21:21    Post subject: newbie body and suspension lift Reply with quote

hi im new here i have spent weeks looking into this but the so many forums all saying different things kinda confused myself with it all,

so i have just bought my first ever trooper ( former landy fan and seen the light) so i bought a 2002 swb 3.0 thats had the 3.1 fitted , of course rev counter doesnt work but thats another thing

i have 2 questions which i know have been answered somewhere i just cant find them

first , 2 inch body lift is there anything i need to be made aware of before i take it on , obviously brakepipes fuel filler neck . rad cowling , is there anything else need adjusting ? also read about dropping the front diff ?

second 3 inch suspension lift +2 springs +1 spacers and wind up the torsion bars 1 turn = 1/4 inch height right ? is there anything else involved i need to be aware of with the suspension lift ?

before you flame i have searched and read thousands of replies etc , but they all seem to contradict each other

any help and advice is much apprecieated
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 21:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Isuzu_Man03
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now then, with a 2" body lift there's nothing to alter or extend, just look out for brake lines and radiator hoses. With a 3" suspension lift you'll need to extend the flexi brake lines between the calipers and the line between the load sensor valve and the back axle. Also to correct the camber on the front wheels more than likely you'll have to flip the ball joint. And the idea of dropping the diff is reduce the angle of the cv's.

Hope that helps

Joshua
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: