4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4jx1 non starter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:42    Post subject: 4jx1 non starter Reply with quote

Hi from Australia.

My trooper (we call them jackaroos in Aus) recently started to run rough for no apparent reason. After pulling over the issue got worse to the point that it stalled and could not be re-started. After towing it home I've gone through tho following process to try for a start with limited success:

1: top up the oil (it was a little low on the dipstick)
    Result: no change

2: cut the white wire

3: remove ropcv and inspect for any jamming of the plunger. I stripped, cleaned and reassembled the whole valve before reinstalling.
   Result: after cranking for ages (20 seconds) the engine would fire (just) but wouldn't idle

4: topped up the oil even further
  Result: engine would fire and run at idle for 30 seconds before stalling

At this stage I figured it may need new oil (the old stuff wasn't that old, but we all know how temperamental these things are) so I changed the oil.

I was now left wondering whether the oil pickup was cracked, after all it had started when the oil was over full and stalled once the oil level in the sump reduced.

So I took the sump off to inspect the pickups and could see no visible damage.

The sump is still currently off as I have no more time to spend on it today.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on my trouble shooting process and whether I've missed something along the way. I ed this fixed quick as this is my daily drive.

Thanks all

Matt
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'd be looking at the ropcv as the plunger check is not a 100% test as the solenoid coil may be faulty and the other parts can have faults.

See if you can measure the oil pressure in the rail from the temp sensor fitting when cranking over that way you will know for sure ,it wants to be at least 3 Mpa's

for the injectors to be enabled.

I'm thinking that you have done the fuel system checks already and its got air free fuel under pressure at the 17mm dome head nut when cranking over ?
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its also possible that one of the O rings that seal the injectors to the rail has failed so check the rail pressure next .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: