Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

newbie not had recall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 22:10    Post subject: newbie not had recall Reply with quote

Hi all I'm new to the trooper and love it!!
Its a 1999 3.0 runs fine but I emailed Isuzu to check it had been in for recall and they inform me it needs 3 items doing. What would these be? Also as I have no problems with it should I bother? Just checking before I ring up to book in. Is it totally free?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 22:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be the wiring recall and an injector check and possibly ceramic heater, theres been so many for the 3.0l that without telling us the recall no. then we are just guessing. yes definatly get them done as you might end up with a brand new set of injectors free of charge and yes all the recalls are totally free
TrooperSimon
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its iz17 injector recall, I would not rush if your car is running well

just check your oil level weekly

non of the recalls will ever end as they are all safety related

cheers

simon
deg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its booked in for the 21st of Jan. They will have it for the day so will just see what gets done really. Cheers
deg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 23:07    Post subject: its back Reply with quote

So its finally back they had it 3weeks as they replaced the turbo and was waiting for one to be delivered. Injectors didnt get replaced he said they were fine and its had a new wire put in. Never got any paperwork to say what they had done an the service manager wasn't best helpful but o well. Thing is it takes longer to start now. It runs fine but before it went in it started slowish but defo quicker than it does now any ideas?
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you take it: says you are in Lancs?
I'm thinking of going back to RN Golden in Huddersfield but its a bit of a drive, but they seem to know the 3.0 and they refunded me for the injector sleeves I proved I didn't need to buy (just the O Rings) so I'm kind of loyal to them!
It says Colin Appleyard in Ashton is nearest, did you go there?  Shocked
deg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes took it to Colin apple yard as they were the closest. They had it nearly 3 week though waiting for a new turbo but it's my wkend car so no worries. Barry's the one who sorted mine out just drop them an email
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rang Appletart
They said the warranty recall is just for the wiring loom. I said that the letter I've got says to check injectors AND wiring loom.
The woman then said that I'd have to pay up front and then get the costs back from Isuzu, as they don't work for nothing!  Evil or Very Mad
She didn't believe my letter mentioned injectors, and said I'd have to show them the letter then they would contact Isuzu
Very shoddy way to deal with people!
I'm going to ring RN Golden in Huddersfield in the morning, they seem to know what they are doing judging by past dealings with them  Very Happy
deg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

They checked my injectors which they said were fine. I didn't pay a penny. Have you had any recall work done already? If I ever need any more recall stuff I'll also give the Huddersfield one a go not that much further. Was pretty gutted I never had any injectors ha!
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm defo going to udders feeled!
I've read that some people get new turbos, injectors, the wiring loom....the full monty!
Isuzu have lost millions on this motor, but they daren't risk knocking back a claim, as its so well known, can you imagine what would happen if a dodgy engine was found to have caused an accident?
I'm a bit concerned about the amount of oil my motor is using, the turbo is full of the stuff: that may cause a runaway if it starts burning engine oil....sounds like a safety issue!  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: