4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Gearbox & Transfer box Oil additives ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 20:12    Post subject: Gearbox & Transfer box Oil additives ? Reply with quote

Advice please from Experts/Serious Off road members.

1998 Trooper 3.2 V6 Petrol. Manual 5 speed (not COTF) LWB Citation. 81,000 mls

As I have only checked the oil levels in gearbox & transfer box since purchase 12 months ago (full Isuzu dealer service history), have just renewed oil in both with Morris Fully Synthetic 10/40w engine oil. on road test the gear change felt notchy and generally not as smooth as it was before, did not baulk or feel stiff just less smooth. Confused

The oil that drained out was fairly dark brown and had a slightly "silvery sheen" to it (not metal particles)

Just a thought - Do any of you put in additives ? I used to put a "Moly" product into my old series Landy gearbox and it made quite a difference but they are pretty crude in comparison to the Isuzu box -

Would greatly appreciate opinions. Smile

Mike
Single cylinder British motorcycles
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 20:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Brock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 13:39    Post subject: Gearbox additives Reply with quote

After nearly 40 views and no opinions from any member

I guess the answer is NO
Pete_88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no additive required.
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard to comment on that sort of thing without having driven the car before and after really, also I only post on work I've done or seen done on 4x4's  so cant help this time round .
Brock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:40    Post subject: Gearbox additives Reply with quote

Thanks Pete & Gribble - yep I fully understand.

NB> The only feedback I have had on this subject is from a P6 Rover Club friend in the US who also has a 3.1 TD Rodeo Special (lifted
and breathed-on a bit - he says !) with manual gearbox that he off roads in the far west (rockies foothills area) he swears by Wynns Gearoil Treatment as do most of his off road buddies with 5 sp manuals and he uses it in the Rover too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: