4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

slow starting after recall work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:07    Post subject: slow starting after recall work Reply with quote

So my trooper 3.0 has been in for recall work and had new turbo charger And first oil strainer recall. They have then used shell helix plus 10-40w, tps recall, injector recall no action req. Inspection only.

Problem is it now takes longer to start than it did before I took it in. Any ideas?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have put the wrong oil in, should be 5W30 fully synthetic
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

as above it's to thick so takes longer to get through the injectors hence the longer start time,
deg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought is it OK to use for now I will change soon anyway. Why would they use the wrong oil?
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've just stuck in 'standard' 10/40 synthetic: not cheap junk so probably a genuine mistake  Wink
I'd go back and point out that its critical to use good 5W30 synthetic in this engine, due to the oil pressure fired injection system. get them to log on to here and read the answers!
Jake12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 17:40    Post subject: Re: slow starting after recall work Reply with quote

deg wrote:
Problem is it now takes longer to start than it did before I took it in. Any ideas?

I don't see that you posted back. Did getting the oil changed solve the slow starting problem?

I hit a similar issue this winter, but just chalked it up to colder weather after having it in the shop.
deg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes all is good now I dropped the oil myself and replaced with halfords 5w30 as it was on offer.
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been using the Halfords 5/30 in pink containers, think its the 'usual' one thats a tenner for 5 litres, for over a year, without problems  Wink
I also put it in my Renault Trafic 1.9 TD and that runs nice and smooth, starts on the key every time: next time the oils on offer I'm getting 50 litres!  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: