QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Some advice please after trawling through posts.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Browndoff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still seems to me that you're letting this warranty-company bully you too much! Unless the warranty were specifically PARTS ONLY [i.e. NOT including LABOUR COSTS], then they are liable  for whatever charges the garage makes for fixing a part UNDER WARRANTY irrespective of WHY it breaks. It should NOT MATTER why you have to go the garage [unless you're messing about with 'trivial' complaints - CLEARLY not the case here!], if it failed to perform to full specifications - THEY are liable for the repair-costs.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

darren6645

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browndoff wrote:
It still seems to me that you're letting this warranty-company bully you too much! Unless the warranty were specifically PARTS ONLY [i.e. NOT including LABOUR COSTS], then they are liable  for whatever charges the garage makes for fixing a part UNDER WARRANTY irrespective of WHY it breaks. It should NOT MATTER why you have to go the garage [unless you're messing about with 'trivial' complaints - CLEARLY not the case here!], if it failed to perform to full specifications - THEY are liable for the repair-costs.

If the part is found to be mechanical or electrical failure then all costs are covered but until that is proven to be the case someone, namely me has to foot the bill. Personally warranties are not some thing I would take by choice as they usually turn out not to be worth the paper they are written on, but as I have one with this vehicle I need to go down that route.
Like I said earlier problem is the garage has told them they cannot say why it is not operating so the warranty company wants to investigate before they will pay up.
Not sure if you have had any dealings with warranties but believe me I have and I am not taking this lying down, having already spent hrs on the phone to the company and told them what I think of them this is where I am because at the end of the day they have procedures to follow and won't pay out until they are certain it's a valid claim. If you do have any experience with this type of thing then please feel free to pass on any tips but it's not so much bullying I want my money refunding so to a certain extent I have to play ball.
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

garage needs to tell them it's a broken wire within the solenoid windings as theres no continuity through it.
cynic-al

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warranties are a pita, I've fallen out with them in the past and it takes such a long time to get a decision I would rather just go on my own, at the end of the day if your cars broken you need it fixed and back on the road. The garages and warranty companies seem to have a really ineffective route of communication and often the two people talking arn't the ones with the technical knowledge so they always going back and forward to other staff. Some garages seem to know what to say and others just don't seem interested. Maybe the warranty companies don't pay a good enough rate to make it worth their while. I drove 20,000 miles between me reporting my last attempt at making a warranty claim and getting an offer as to what they would do.

All I can say keep nagging away and best of luck!
darren6645

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warranty company paid up most of cost, they didn't cover new gaskets and extra labour that was carried out at their request but remainder was covered as mechanical failure was their diagnosis after I sent the solenoid off.
Just need to get a blank or get one made now, hopefully that will prevent it from happening again while I have the truck.

Cheers all.  Razz
cynic-al

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

EGRs do seem to be the least reliable part of a modern diesel, even some of the 'self cleaning' systems that they are now fitting have had their problems. I find if the car has had little use, lots of stop starts and never been driven hard they fail more quickly than one that has been made to work and had a good flow of hot gas through it.

Someone I know kept having to take their x-trail to the nissan dealer for an EGR fault with the vehicle in limp home mode, after a few visits they told him he needed to give it a good motorway thrash every so often. He has and it's been ok since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: