All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fuel tank removal question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakes55

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 19:29    Post subject: Fuel tank removal question Reply with quote

I've got a problem with my fuel tank sender not working it's showing empty all the time, I've checked the wiring on the tank and there is no resistance when either of the red yellow wires are checked but when they are earthed the fuel gauge shows full, so I am suspecting that the sender unit is at fault, the tank on my car looks fairly rust free and in good condition, I am presuming that the tank needs dropping down to get access to the 5 screws on the sender unit, I've seen a few write ups about the tank removal and they say that one side is easy to get at but the other side is difficult as the captive nuts are upside down, looking at my tank the bolts are all accessible once the cover is removed, all the captive nuts on both sides are on the top side of the tank and the bolts can be undone from underneath, I was just wondering if isuzu made a design change at some point, my car is a 98 3.1 lwb, any input would be appreciated
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 19:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

darren m

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe its already had a tank replaced sometime in its past , my 3.0 defo had the captive nuts on the up side and had to angle them off .

i think i read  some folks cut a little access window in the boot floor , easier than taking the tank out if you dont really need too

99 LWB 3.0 TD Citation

2000 LWB 3.0 / 3.1TD Duty conversion
Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all in the sticky post just up from this one  Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: