4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bio diesel fuel pipes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 0:05    Post subject: Bio diesel fuel pipes Reply with quote

Has anyone used any particular type of replacement fuel pipes for bio diesel.

I replaced all my fuel pipes 3 years ago, but I'm noticing slight deterioration of the rubber pipe due to the bio, I intend to do them again, but don't much fancy £14.99 a meter for the genuine bio compatible pipe.

As it stands at the minute my options are, 8mm copper pipe, cheap but too much fiddling and still need rubber at each end or polyurethane pipe, cheap, very easy to run and will connect up at each end with no joints.

I could also just go back to diesel as I only use it once a week for playing out, so don't use as much as a D/D, but I don't like the price at the pumps either  Shocked

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 0:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Wilky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it all front to back in polyurathane and I've made it up on push fit fittings, so if I ever have to do it again it's a two minute job to unplug the pipes and replace them, because getting to the fitting on top of the tank is a right PITA, would have been easier dropping the tank, but it can be done if you don't mind ragging the skin off your arms  Rolling Eyes as a bonus I can see the fuel in the pipes, so if I get air in I'll spot it.

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read that normal seals and pipe doesn't last at all with bio. When my 2.8 pump started leaking I inquired about bio seals. They were much more expensive, but at the time I was spending £320 on fuel to get to work and back, so bio/veg looked like a good option. My limiting factor was availability of bio in Norwich. I eventually went for normal seals and diesel, and since then moved and now working from home so its all a moot point.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Wilky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bio is OK, but it has it's drawbacks, besides attacking rubber, it holds more moisture, I've had my water seperator light on twice over 1500 miles, never ever had that with diesel, neoprene seals are supposed to be good for bio, it's not saving me much as it's not a D/D, so I'll most likely go back to diesel anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: