2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:52    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

Hello
I hope someone here can give me some guidance.

I run an 08 2.5 Denver Max LE. It's done just over 100k, regularly serviced.

4 months ago the engine light came on and it went into limp mode, I stopped and restarted and although the light remained it ran normally. Took it to local garage and a low boost pressure code came up, reset and it went again same day. After that it ran for a couple of months ok.

A month ago it started doing it regularly particularly when towing. It seems to happen at low revs, sub 2000, and when the engine starts to draw more power in higher gears, 4&5 and usually on an incline.  Often after a number of starts the light goes out.

The mpg has also been low, 26-28, although it has been quite variable and towing a 10 ft cattle trailer i get 22 ish. It also feels sluggish sometimes although that may be just me! If I'm honest it's never done much above 30 mpg but I've always run all terrain tyres on it and I don't trundle around.

One local garage said it was likely the turbo sticking. I took it to another local garage who said it wasn't the turbo! It has been at the garage for the best part of a week now under investigation and so far nothing! The egr was cleaned but it still did it, the mass air flow meter has been mentioned as has a faulty egr.

I'm getting frustrated, I can't afford to throw hundreds of pounds at new parts but will happily pay for the right one. I've noticed a contributor on here, Ethan?, from Witney who seems to contribute a lot.

I was just wondering if all garages use the same diagnostics or if there is an isuzu one that can actually pinpoint a faulty part?

Thanks

Last edited by Hme on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:17; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

hopkin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought that a boost pressure code would best be checked by running it in normal conditions with an ordinary analogue boost gauge connected and actually take a pressure reading, that would indicate whether it was a sensor fault or a pressure fault. You would be able to proceed from there checking turbo, wastegate, leaking intercooler or connecting hoses. A good garage should have a workshop boost gauge and adapters to do this. Lack of boost would account for the problems you have (low power and poor fuel consumption).
Hme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, would a pressure gauge identify an intermitent problem? I tow a 5th wheel with it and had to pull over about 10 times in a 100 mile journey a couple of weeks ago and I'm away again in 10 days so could do with sorting this.

I'm having doubts about the 'local garage' to be honest.
hopkin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF the problem is pressure/turbo related then yes a gauge would show a lack of boost when it should be there and if this coincides with loss of power you will at least know where to start looking, i would agree that an intermittent fault can be a pain to pinpoint. The boost gauge doesn't need to be a perminant fixture, just use it until the problem has been identified.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: