QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Here but for the grace of God (and my Trooper) go I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hippo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:38    Post subject: Here but for the grace of God (and my Trooper) go I Reply with quote

Hi all, Just thought I would post these pics for you guys to show what happens in a major accident in a Trooper.  My wife and I walked away from this bump - hit by a 44 ton articulated truck, rolled 3 times, crossed 4 lanes, took out 60 metres of central reservation barrier, landed back on my wheels.
Had to be cut out by fire service guys etc but, main point is, we walked out with just superficial cuts and bruising etc. Nothing broken on us.  Both the Police and Fire Service personnel suggested that, in any other car, we would have been in body bags.  Sobering thought. They added that, the fact that we had a chassis underneath us helped massively to stop the front of the car meeting the back of the car and squashing us inside.

We had owned our Troop for 13 years - she was a bog standard Citation LWB 3.1 Diesel, second owner from new in 1998. Used her for towing our caravan and sometimes, our little fishing boat amongst other jobs including a bit of mile off-roading and wild camping etc.

What car do we buy next??  Pretty obvious, I think, get another Trooper of course.

Hope you guys don't have to go through what we went through but, looking on the bright side, you are in the best car for the job.......

If anyone has a Troop for sale, please PM me.

Just tried to upload pics of my Troop but it won't allow.  Any tips on this please???

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

john240758

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

you most probably haven't enough posts yet
DYLAN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow glad you're both ok, Give us a link (just write dot instead of . )and one of us will post Wink  It's just a spam filter thing that you need to get a few days and posts in Wink

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
DYLAN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and they have to be hosted elsewhere, Something like photobucket. Wink

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT

Last edited by DYLAN on Sun Jun 02, 2013 14:59; edited 1 time in total
d12
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary stuff
hippo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Thanks guys, I will try to get them on to photobucket in the next few days.

Cheers
omega63

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 23:51    Post subject: Trooper for sale.... Reply with quote

Its great to hear you both are OK!!!!, truely amazing to see you were not seriously hurt, i passed a car sales garage in Clayton, Manchester, on Ashton New Road on the way to work and they had a nice looking Trooper Citation in red mettalic LWB think it was a diesel Very Happy ....
hippo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so  much for your kind thoughts. We are both feeling a little sore this week - few bumps, cuts and bruises but, still feeling very lucky.
Thank you for the mention of a potential contender for our next Trooper.
Cheers all
JPisley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 'hippo'
I also had a major crash in my 3.1 trooper earlier this year, unfortunately fell asleep at the wheel, opened my eyes as we were on a bend, already off the road and heading for the ditch, rolled a few times and finished on its passenger side. Just like you my colleague and myself climbed out with a few bumps and scratches, nobody could believe we were in the car when it crashed!
Once the insurance eventually paid up I went and found another trooper, like you say 'no brainer' really, not sure what other car/truck would give you the same protection.

I would post a pic but the spam control is still not allowing it - driving me nuts now!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: