QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

only bump starts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bg trooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 17:42    Post subject: only bump starts Reply with quote

Well I have had no end of problems with my newly acquired trooper. Fitted new orps, new glow plugs, new solenoid for the starter motor. Now when I turn the ignition key, nothing happens. The lights all come on on the dash, there is a clicking sound where the fuses and solinoids are under the bonnet. With a short tow she fires up and runs a treat, the new ORPS has done the trick!. Any ideas please?. Maybe ignition switch? and why does it have a separate starter button??? any info is allways appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 17:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

crusader
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried pressing it with the ignition on. Very Happy
bg trooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 19:06    Post subject: only bump starts Reply with quote

Hi Crusader, no I will have to wait till tomorrow to get another tow, I can try pressing the starter button no problem. I still don't know why it has this secondary starter button? I have tried the key and the button , but nothing?She was running today after a bump start and drove like a dream.
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have just got to put a pic up of this second button  Very Happy
bg trooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:32    Post subject: will only bump start Reply with quote

Hi gribble.from your reply, does that mean that there is not normally a starter button? It is located by the drivers left knee. When I get time I will figure out how to put a pic on here. Off to work now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: