2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3 liter trooper will only bump start when cold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bg trooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:50    Post subject: 3 liter trooper will only bump start when cold Reply with quote

Hi again all, my trooper is driving me mad, when the engine is warm, it will start . In the morning it will only start when I get a tow.Has any one got any ideas please?I have fitted new ORPS new new glow plugs, and just had the starter motor fixed.The only thing I haven't done yet is to change the engine oil.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bg trooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 16:38    Post subject: only bump starts Reply with quote

Well things are improving!. The trooper will now start with the key, but takes a hell of a lot of cranking.Once she fires up , no problem for the rest of the day. Unless I leave it for a long time and then a lot of cranking is needed.I have taken lots of advice from you good people. I tried clamping the fuel line over night and I tried swapping the 2 relays close to the bulk head.I have tried the glow plugs which are new!. I turn on the ignition and let the glow plug light go out and then I do it again and again and still no mimprovement.I am now thinking of building a ramp to park the car on , so each morning I bump start it??. Any more suggestions Please Rolling Eyes I am happy to try anything, but I have run out of ideas.
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think your going to need a tech2 on it to get some readings from the sensors
bg trooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 15:34    Post subject: takes a lot of cranking to start from cold Reply with quote

Hi eithan. I thought that some one would say that!. Well I have been working on my car for 8 weeks and have finally got it going. It just needs a lot of cranking to start it from cold.The temperature here is now in the 30s c, and will stay good till xmas.but in jan and feb we sometimes get minus 16 with a wind chill of minus 30c. So not sure how the car will respond to that.I can offer good bed and breakfast to any one who has a tech 2 for a week. I have tried to find one out here and at the mo , nothing. Laughing
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the oil level rising?
bg trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 15:41    Post subject: will only bump start Reply with quote

Hi eithan, dam funny you mention the oil. Yes it does seem to be rising on the dip stick.When I did the oil change I had the oil Perfect.Half way between the to notches on the dip stick. Checked it yesterday and it is a little higher.What could this mean?? Rolling Eyes
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your losing the fuel out of the head overnight and it's going in to the oil, if you know the injectors are above the cutoff point then isuzu deem them to be ok but there's a couple on here that have had issues with them still mixing. The majority though are ok, so if they are good and your happy the seals are good then it's more than likely a cracked head which is what mine has, in the morning it will take nearly 20 secs of constant cranking and then it starts to fire on one then two then the rest kick in and there's loads of smoke lol
bg trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again eithan. Well im not sure if you have just delivered me some bad news or not? Laughing But I am now wondering if this may be the time to sell it quick.Would be a shame as this is a dam good car which has so much towing power for my large trailer.I have always believed if I buy a used car, then there will be something wrong with it.I generally stick with it and get it running. Im not sure now which rout to take, with the lack of support out here for Isuzu.??????. Maybe I should buy a Lada, they all have them out here Laughing  Laughing
bg trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing is, when my car starts, there is not a lot of smoke at all?And the old girl fires on all four??This 4jx1 engine seems very sensitive. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: