2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

front wing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrKB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:51    Post subject: front wing Reply with quote

Hi Guys.

So one of my front wings need replacing , Mk2 troop , you hear the last famous words yeah just straight forwards bolt on bolt off job,  is it ?  or is their a nasty part of it to look forwards to , as I never had to do it before.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

KeithB1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy job to do, it just bolts on. The hardest bolt to get at is under the scuttle panel.
MrKB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I got 10 of the bolts loosened off on the wing ready for taking the scuttle panelff  ,  BUT ,   How do I get to the bolt under the scuttle panel .     Rolling Eyes
MrKB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a wing off a donor troop and thought it best to put this up for anyone else needing to replace a wing ,  first off loosen all the bolts that can been seen easily i.e. top of wing in engine bay, 2 bolts down the door pillar , 2 bolts at very bottom of wing by the sill , remove the top nut off ariel if its near side and unplug the side indicator , now comes the awkward part  ,  2 bolts remain , 1 at the back of the headlight which can be got at from underneath BUT needs some patience to undo it , and last 1 is under the scuttle panel , BUT , as I have taken the wing off a scrapper I just levered the corner of the scuttle panel up with a screw driver to access the bolt which will not be replaced when the wing is transferred over as I cannot see the need being plenty more bolts to hold it on, plus the bolt at rear of headlight will also not be going back in, so the bolt under the scuttle panel , as the old wing will be coming off, damage to it will not be an issue, so rather than taking the scuttle panel off use a hammer with care to flatten the top of the wing near the scuttle panel to gain access to the bolt. thats it.   Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: