4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rumble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muddymoss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 22:48    Post subject: Rumble Reply with quote

Hi, thoughts on the following please. I have a 2010 plate Rodeo Denver 2.5. Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed a slight rumbling noise when doing 48-50 mph, either accelerating or slowing down. It's not getting any worse, it's not linked to revs. My thought was that it would be a wheel bearing. It's been into the dealer for it's 48k service this week and had the bearings checked out, the comment was that there is a very slight amount of play in the NSF bearing but nothing really. There is no noise when rotating it. The dealer have suggested that it might be down to the tyres making the noise as they are feathering slightly. All of the 4 wheels have had the geometry checked and are fine. The tyres are the original Bridgestones.
What do you think, anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 22:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

hopkin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would suggest jacking up the front wheels and firmly trying to rock them (indipendantly) by grasping them at the 6 and 12 o'clock positions, if there's slight play, it will be felt rather than seen, it can be adjusted out. Just make sure and play is bearings and no top or bottom swivels, depending on mileage it may be time to repack the bearings with grease anyway. If the rear bearings are worn they are replace only and that's normally a garage job.
Muddymoss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hopkin, thanks for the response. As it's not getting any worse and the dealer couldn't find anything wrong with the bearings I'm going to just play it by ear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: