4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Starting troubles and other bits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mayo Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 16:42    Post subject: Starting troubles and other bits Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a 2002 trooper 4jx1. The 4x4 struggles to start everytime, sometimes it will just keep truning over and have to knock ignition on and off a few times. Sometimes it also revs itself up to between 2-3k rpm for a few seconds, more so in the cold weather. It idles rough after starting and settles down a bit after a few minutes. Another thing is everytime you push the accelarator and it returns to idle it is rough for a few seconds. All this is then followed by the fact that it is like a straight diesel with nothing from the turbo. I noticed that the check engine light does not light up at all.

Before i get the 4x4 plugged in does anybody know if this is all caused by one thibg or provably as i expect, several?, any ideas what the culprits are?

Thanks for any help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 16:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

orps at a guess as hunting is a good sign it's gone as is bad starting, lack of power could also be it but i would have a guess that as yours is a euro3 engine the map sensor is blocked
Mayo Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply eithan, i was wondering about those 2 myself, i will get around to the orps at the weekend. I went to look at the map sensor there abd it appears that it doesnt have one?, its supposed to be towards the front of the engine from the egr on the intake manifold?.

Could the engine of been changed for one without the map an whatever else was different, explaining why someone might of removed the check engine bulb?, also the white sticker on top of the rocker cover is one on top of another with the engine number part missing on top one?
Mayo Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

After further research it is the euro 2 manifold with the map sensor at the front, where anout is it on the euro 3?
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not on a euro 3, it's at the back of the manifold near the bulkhead look for a 3 wire plug going to a sensor on the top of the manifold held in place with a 10mm bolt. Pride it straight up but be careful not to break the bit that presses in to the manifold.
Mayo Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info, i will have a look and give it a clean tomorrow evening
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: