4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

abs light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james79

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 0:06    Post subject: abs light Reply with quote

Howdy there. My 2005 rodeo Denver 3.0 l has had the abs light stuck on pretty much constantly for 9/10 months now, the brakes work fine (as in they make the car stop and it does it in a straight line) but obviously the abs doesn't function. When I stick my autel code reader on it comes up with right front slow to release. The front right caliper was sticking to the point of smoking when I first got the vehicle but has been replaced and appears to function as it should now. If I clear the fault codes the abs light goes out but first time I try to stop you get the typical abs pulse through the pedal and I effectively have no brakes until the light reilluminates. I've checked as many of the connnections on the loom as I can find so I am coming to the conclusion its probably the sensor at fault. Given that these don't exactly come cheap I was hoping that one of you knowledgeable fellows on here might be able to give me any pointers before I bite the bullet and splash out on a new sensor ready for that glorious time of year that is the mot  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 0:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you see the abs ring? it has been known for people to forget to put them on or even get them the wrong way round
james79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as the festivities are over, and I'm no longer on being polite to the in laws duty, I shall have a look  Smile  how do I tell if the ring is on the right way round? Thanks for the heads up. James  Very Happy
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

if no one has done any work on it then i'd say it's probably correct, the abs system doesn't monitor the calipers to know if they are slow to operate so it sounds like it's got an issue with the reading from the ring so either the sensor or the ring is faulty, might pay to just pull the bearings out and have a look
frugalman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 21:22    Post subject: 2005 Rodeo 3.0 manual ABS Isues Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
if no one has done any work on it then i'd say it's probably correct, the abs system doesn't monitor the calipers to know if they are slow to operate so it sounds like it's got an issue with the reading from the ring so either the sensor or the ring is faulty, might pay to just pull the bearings out and have a look

Hi, did you get to the bottom of your ABS issue and if so what was the cause? I have a similar issue in that the ABS light does not illuminate but the ABS does not work as evidenced by locking up the front L/H under heavy braking. Have checked the slider pins etc but still the same??

Cheers in anticipation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: