2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My new 51plate 3.0 trooper :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C.Mitch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 0:30    Post subject: My new 51plate 3.0 trooper :) Reply with quote

Hey guys.

Some may remember me from the new members section a while ago. Well I finally got myself a trooper. Smile  And so far love it. I will go through a quick run down of what I brought and what I've done up till now. Then I have a few questions for the more experienced of the members.

I found this cheap on the bay of E. So went to have a look. Drove 2.5 hours to Kidderminster after work last week in the freezing cold lol. It had done 84k miles. Had a real good look around it. I spotted an engine warning light on and the  4wheel drive light flashing. So not too bad I thought. It started from cold great, slight misfire but lasted about ten seconds or so. So the good bits are that it had been recently serviced and had new brakes, calipers and exhaust. Also air filter, fuel filter ect. Went for a drive, felt a bit low on power but I'm not yet used to the way the trooper drives.  Smile

Anyway I got it home and straight away started to look at the 4WD light flashing. Following guides on here I tracked it down to the fact the VAC pipe that feeds the front axel actuator wasn't connected. So it had the front axel engaged all the time  Confused Reconnected it up and the light went out. So happy days there.

Then onto the engine warning light.

Come up with p1486 TPS circuit high input and p0380 glow plug circuit.
Both clear and then come straight back on (TPS). It takes a few cold starts for the Glow plug relay light to apear. Now I have followed the Isuzu fault finding to the TPS. Constantly showing 5 volts until I run the stepper motor up to, and above step 6. Then reads 4v downwards.

Get it to work and the guys love it. Check the vin on the isuzu system and nothing Confused  Rolling Eyes so call isuzu, they email Japan and get it back on system  Razz Turns out its outstanding both the TPS loom recall and the injector recall. I have already done the TPS recal but still yet to check the injector serial numbers. I'm hoping I get lucky and get a set.  Very Happy

So, happy with it so far. Here's a few pics.

Could someone allow me to post pics up please, it won't let me . . . . . Thanks  Razz

Now questions are, is the glow plug circuit fix just as simple as replacing the relay? From cold, it takes  around 5 seconds to start with some lumpyness. Is this normal? Everything works inc the fast warm up lol so that isn't stuck thank god. Would the front axel being engaged caused any damage? I have a feeling it has been like that for a long time because someone stuck a piece of duck tape over the light Confused

Thanks chaps. Happy new year. Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 0:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

C.Mitch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also chaps. This thing takes for ever to warm up. On the tech 2 it will stay at 35degrees C for ages. The temp gauge only comes up when doing over 60mph. If I come back down to say 40 cruise the gauge drops like a stone and the heaters go cold. Any one else experienced this?? Cheers.
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello , well I'd say the TPS code  is a 3.0 thing so just read on here how to get by it but the cold thing is a thermostat issue for sure .

Try a new one .

Now the glow plug one might just be the 50amp slow blow fuse or the relay or a bad plug or two so test /try all of them and come back on .
C.Mitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gribble thanks for the reply chap. That's great. I will check the whole glow plug lot then  Razz I went to start it earlier on, and it wouldn't start unless I ran the glow light 2 or 3 times. Has anyone ever had actual glow plug problems?? Or are they pretty good. Thanks  Very Happy
Aragorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

C.Mitch wrote:
Also chaps. This thing takes for ever to warm up. On the tech 2 it will stay at 35degrees C for ages. The temp gauge only comes up when doing over 60mph. If I come back down to say 40 cruise the gauge drops like a stone and the heaters go cold. Any one else experienced this?? Cheers.

Sounds like a stuck open, or missing, thermostat. Worth replacing anyway as they get tired and leak.

edit: doh just noticed Gribble has already said that, missed his post when i read thru!
C.Mitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no. Thank you for your input Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: