2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Isuzu Bighorn 3.1 D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 13:14    Post subject: Isuzu Bighorn 3.1 D Reply with quote

Hope someone can help,
I had a alternator fitted to my Isuzu Bighorn 1993 just over a year ago because I was having starting issues.
Today I am having the same problems. No warning lights on dash, checked battery with amp meter which reads 12.86
checked with engine not running and checked again with engine running and the reading was 11.55 .
Changed the battery for a fully charged new battery the engine burst in to life but slowly drains power over a few days.
At a loss what to try next, could it be the alternator again or something differant.
Also I have checked the belt and all connections for loose wires.

Any ideas thats Rog
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 13:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not going to get many replies to an electrical problem in the insurance section but maybe a mod will move it for you,bit early for them to have seen this lol.

I would say its the alt again but do check the small 3 wire plug for corrosion and at ign on there should be 12v on 2 of the wires and on 3 when cranking over.
colmar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger,
           I came across this while checking the other forums but maybe I can help.
I had a new alternator fitted a while ago but still suffered the problems you mention. By the powers of the web I discovered the likely source was a failed alternator charge light, blue relay on the right hand side front inner wing.
A replacement can be had from Milner Off Road, Matlock. Phone 01629 73441. Part number 003881.

Good Luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: