4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wizard 4JG2 overheating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gitch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:24    Post subject: Wizard 4JG2 overheating Reply with quote

The wife came home this morning, rushes straight inside to tell me something's up with the engine. I go outside to have a look, and see steam rising from the bottom of the engine bay. Luckily it hadn't been driven far, as the temp gauge was pretty high. Left it as I didn't have time to check before work. Checked it this afternoon and the coolant tank was virtually empty. Filled it then gave the engine a quick run then short drive. Same situation, but still couldn't locate the source of the leak.

I'm not much when it comes to fixing engines. I've done some basic work with the father in law before when I was having starting issues (due to the glow plugs not getting power) but otherwise I'm rather green. Just wondering if anyone knows what this sounds like. My guess was it was either the bottom radiator hose or the seal where it attaches to the water pump. Or could it be the water pump itself? I can't see down the bottom of the engine to locate where the leak is to find out more. How much removal is required to access the part of the engine in question to find out?

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

pugbug

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water pumps have a metal impeller, they last for a good while if right antifreeze/coolant is used. When it's hot have you squeezed the top hose? If it's soft and squashable chances are good there is a leak somewhere. Mine was leaking from the stat housing heatermatrix pipe had a small leak, it took ages to find!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: