2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

wheel spacers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robbiedaboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:02    Post subject: wheel spacers Reply with quote

What's your opinions on wheel spacers
Had them on my little zuk, not having much luck finding some off set wheels
Going to run 285 70 16s muds
Honest opinions would be good it is not my daily drive and best spacers  to buy,
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bedders

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a set of 60mm billet alloy spacers on my lwb frontera, I've been laning all over the country and never had any issues, makes it drive better cos of the wider stance and helps when I drop in deep mud or ruts as it's wider than mos and so the tyres dig into the sides so you don't get stuck.
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your going for spacers I would deffo say pay the money and get laser cut billet rather than cheaper cast alloy.
My advice is based on a issue I had last September when I had to use my truck for my daily 60 mile commute for work. Because of the mileage, I swapped by steels with muddies on over to my alloy wheels with the road tyres on. What I didn't do was scrape the alloy crust off from the back of the alloy wheels before fitting. Wheel nuts tightened up giving the impression all was well. After a couple of runs, fortunately, whilst going hill there was a slight tweek from the nearside back wheel, then a crunch. The nearside rear wheel became dislodged whilst I was doing 50mph on the A21 going up towards Flimwell. What had happened was that the alloy crust had crumbled away resulting in a bit of play on the wheel studs. Five of the studs had snapped off and the sixth had virtually pulled through the stud hole in the wheel leaving the wheel at a accute angle.
So where I'm going to with this post is how strong are the cast alloy spacers and if they left go at speed, the consequences could be severe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: