QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Tunit tuning box for 3.0 ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mr Crusader  Very Happy
I too had doubts about these 'fix all' tuning boxes. I fitted one to my 2002 Renault Master 2.5TD, and was very pleased with it! This one had 2 switches, one for BHP low med and high, and then the same for Torque, as well as an on/off switch. I really felt the difference right away, and had it set on high/high all the time: the midrange torque was the biggest improvement. I did turn it off for the first mot but after that just left it on max...never a problem with the next 3 mots.
I sold the van for spares after I bumped it, but have kept the unit as its reprogrammable...but not for Troopers  Shocked
I then found out about Tunit, and their 'box' for the 3.0. As no-one else did one for this motor I was very sceptical, so contacted the makers and asked if it was indeed for the 3.0.
After a day or so, I got a reply stating what I said earlier, that the Oz Jackaroos had seen great results....so I bought one!
It was very expensive, at £517, but I can honestly say the improvements are worth the money.
I have been using it at the maximum setting, this one has just one adjuster, a screw type lug with settings from 1 to 9.
The power is amazing! I only use BP regular diesel, and can confirm that my round town mpg has gone from 18, to 25 mpg...when I take it easy of course! I've been thrashing it a bit and the soot has cleared up now, not a trace evident. I really need to wind the tunit back to say 3 or 4, then try an economy run...but I just love the torque from 1100 rpm in third, all the way to about 70mph  Twisted Evil
I can still drive at 30 in 4th gear without touching the accelerator, it does about 23 mph on zero pedal, in third, perfect for the 20 mph limits!
I'm running 33 x 12.5 x 15 tyres, around 30 psi, so I'm very impressed: I just need to have a drag race with some standard 3.0's to confirm things  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 20:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition, they guarantee against any engine damage for 2 years, and the unit itself for 5 years: plus its also transferrable, should you sell the Trooper you can remove it and have re-mapped for your new wheels  Very Happy
crusader
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sounds good then. Good warranty offer. Might be an investment, especially for towing the old caravan.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder how they would wriggle out of paying for an engine claim when they get hit for about 10k? it would be interesting to look at the data as it's driving to see how it compares to a standard 3.0l
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to try a data logger, would be interesting to see just how it works.
If ayone is buying one, contact me first....owners get a referral payment as well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: