4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Milner off road

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikT725

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:03    Post subject: Milner off road Reply with quote

I have been a customer of Milner off road for some years now but not any more. They stock a lot of parts and priceds are very reasonable unfortunately there is a reason for this i.e you get what you pay for. January 2011 i had to replace 1 top ball joint and 1 track rod end so being proactive i decided to change them all now i wish i hadnt. The bottom ball joints, pics below, lasted less than 12 months before starting to creak like crazy so whilst i was on the phone to Milner ordering a replacement radiator AGAIN as my 2 yr old one had split i mentioned this and they sent me 2 replacements FOC and a discounted rad. Fair enough.
For one reason or another i havent managed to replace the ball joints until this week, i couldnt face Derbyshire with creaking ball joints, the bottom ones are f*cked for want of a better word, the tops are on there way out and the track rod ends are suffering from split boots. I am not happy they have lasted less than 18 months and only a few thousand miles and there was nothing wrong with the original bottoms i replaced except perished boots i wish i hadnt bothered now.

The wheel bearings they supplied are wrong meaning shims cannot be refitted in the hubs behind the circlip, the starter motor i got very very rarely doesnt spin just clicks, the rad popped, the ball joints have lasted less than 18 months the only thing i can honestly say i have had no trouble with is there service kit.

So thats it ill let you decide but i wont be going back.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a front AR bar drop link off them...the boot split within the first 3 months or so, they must be buying the cheapest Chinese tat they can find!
The filters seem ok but I'm going to fit OE spec next time, ie Fram, Mann or similar  Evil or Very Mad
Got Poly AR bar bushes...wrong size, they sent me the nearest ones to replace them, I had to open them out with my dremel.
The body lift kit from them is very nice though, but thats just lumps of alli and some bolts!
Oh the £2 rad caps seem ok as well: but the diesel in the coolant saga killed 2 before they could wear out, so not sure yet  Laughing
kennymac
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you like about Milners parts quality (and I'm not arguing either way lol) you can't fault their service - Trooper failed it's MOT yesterday  Sad  (1/4/15) (I'd forgotten about it  Mad Mad   and the missus had to take it unchecked) OSF ARB drop link worn  Mad  Phoned Milner's at 14.45 and ordered a pair (prefer to replace suspension components in pairs) and they arrived at the wifes office at 09.45 today 2/4/15. Five star's IMHO  Very Happy  Very Happy Just need to get them fitted and a retest booked now (hope it's dry at the weekend lol)
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also had a pair from them. Dead easy to fit, take you half an hour for both.
Just as well, because they only lasted about 3 months, the rubber boots split and I had to replace both.
Seems to me that Milners supply much the same stuff as all the eebuygum shops, but add 50% for sticking their own labels on!
kennymac
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too worried about longevity at the moment lol, more concerned with getting it through the MOT, just need to keep an eye on them. Might (finally) get around to replacing the Milner's (best quality cheese) manual hubs with the AVM HD's that have been sat in the garage for months at the same time  Laughing
kennymac
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too worried about longevity at the moment lol, more concerned with getting it through the MOT, just need to keep an eye on them. Might (finally) get around to replacing the Milner's (best quality cheese) manual hubs with the AVM HD's that have been sat in the garage for months at the same time  Laughing
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got latest ones from Euro Car Parts, price was good but I've not used them, as I'm thinking of either binning the antiroll bar, or making dis-connects instead  Wink
Cam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an Exedy Clutch kit delivered next day from them and paid a good bit less than eebuygum prices so I'm not complaining lol
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exedy are the make fitted as standard to most Japanese makes, so you can't go wrong there!
Just reminded me...I've got a 'as new 800 miles only' Exedy clutch, from a crashed 3.0.
Dual mass flywheel, cover, plate and bearing: really is as good as new, I paid £275 for it, just because it was cheap....or was it  Rolling Eyes
Seemed like a bargain at the time....
Cam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid £194 for the Clutch kit delivered so I don't think you've done to badly
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, its the flywheel thats the expensive bit!
When I first got my 3.0, all I could find on here was tales of woe, how every single mechanical part breaks, and the only option was to fit a 3.1 donkey  Shocked
I won't argue about the engine injection issues, in the end I fitted a new cylinder head after changing the sleeve seals twice...when that wasn't even the fault, the head had a crack in it under a valve.
So, I bought bits when they came along at a handy price: Clutch and DMF, Turbo, plus a couple of brake calipers (I made a modification to the sliders so they never seize again).....all these bits are still in the loft after 4 years 8000 miles  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: