QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2005 3ltr Rodeo Workshop Manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 21:36    Post subject: 2005 3ltr Rodeo Workshop Manual Reply with quote

Hi Again, Am I really dense (don't answer that) I have looked everywhere and can not find a workshop manual for my 2005 3ltr Rodeo Workshop Manual 2005 3ltr Denver Rodeo. Is there one out there, can anyone help please.
Regards
Richard
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 21:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope as it's a web based manual that only dealers can access, what is it you need help with?
lorrick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello eithan h
Vehicle is a (2005, Denver Rodeo Double cab 3ltr Diesel Automatic)
I am a mechanic by trade and I will be servicing my own vehicle, as I have only just got it from a dealer I haven’t got the full log book yet, so do not know what the engine type is as everything I look at seems to start with what engine I have, (3ltr diesel turbo Intercooler) I also have to sort out the Brakes and I have a non-starting problem. that I originally thought was the Alarm, then the starter motor which it still might be or as it is an automatic, is there a pressure switch in line so you should have to have your foot on the brake pedal before it will start, as most time it starts without pushing down on the pedal, sometimes it will start if I tap the starter solenoid. I can drive as I did to Coventry at the weekend, get out get fuel go to start it without having put the alarm on and it will not start, sometimes it will run for a couple of seconds then stop, sometimes it will turn over and not start. Other times it starts on the button. So I was looking for a workshop manual to have a look at the brakes, and most of all the wiring diagram to get to the bottom of the non-starting as it is an Auto it gets a bit embarrassing sitting there at petrol stations doing all sorts of things then it will start. One thing that I have noticed it when I turn the key and it doesn’t start, the lights on a display cigarette charger go out, so it is either drawing a hell of a lot of current ( Dud Starter ) or an inhibitor has cut out the feed.
Any help welcome.
Regards
Richard
Yabbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ruled out the glow plug circuit?
I am assuming as a qualified mechanic you have already ensured the battery is 100%, and all earths are spot on.
If I had just bought this from a dealer I'd want them to sort it.Let alone buying before I saw the correct log book.
lorrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yabbie
I Have not even thought about the glow circuit as when it doesn’t start, you can turn the key and nothing happens at all, or it might just start, or it might turn over and not start, or it might turn over for a couple of seconds and then start / Not a straight forward regular fault/problem as just cranking and not starting, The Battery has a SG of 1.26 so it appears to be good as it is a new one as well, I drop tested and it held 12v only dropping off after 10 seconds down to 11v.
I had to get a vehicle within 24 hrs as my Defender gear box went and as I work for myself I could not be without a Truck and had been looking at this Rodeo as it has only done 46,000 miles and one owner and I was going to sell the Landrover any way. I did see the Log book and all was correct, it is just that it has now been sent off to the DVLA, so cannot get certain details off the part that I have kept. The dealer is 3 hrs away and If I had a workshop manual I could narrow down the area of the fault as I can’t be without a vehicle, and I thought it might be something easy, as it always does start (so far ) but might take 5 mins), I will have to get onto the starter with a Multi and see if the Solenoid feed goes live when the key is turned, if not follow the wiring back. Is there an inhibitor switch on the brake foot pedal?

Regards
Richard
Yabbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be starting with a fresh battery(borrow if need be).
If the GPlugs are 2 or more years old they are probably due for changing anyway.
Not sure if a shorting GPlug will create your symptoms.>huge draw???

So check the history see if it has had any new ones yet.
.Make sure all your positive and negs contacts all the way thru from battery to charge/starter/fusebox/ignition are bright and 100%.
Check all the main harness clips for integrity.
Not sure if there is a built in security setting in the computer either for when keys are left in it etc???
Also do you have a 2nd set of keys you can try??
You're right tho,  it usually is a simple thing.
So ruling all that out simple things first is the best tip I can give.Once that's done look deeper at relays,key fob,computer connection
These things are pretty reliable.

Whenever you solve it, (you will) let the forum know what it was, for future reference.
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that style rodeo there's a filter built in to the banjo on the fuel in pipe at the pump, drill it out as it causes all sorts of problems with fuel pump delivery.
Yabbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tip from eithan, but I don't think that should stop it winding over??
Or does it??
lorrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there to you both, Thanks for ideas, the main thing is that sometimes there is absolutely nothing, I can open and shut the door and sometimes it will then start? Or it will start on second turn of the key without anything happening the first time. It points to something like an inhibitor switch, either on the security alarm not working properly, or if there is one on the brake, that one is faulty as it will start without my foot on the brake. I will have a go later, is there anyway of turning the Delphi alarm system off so I could at least isolate that out of the equation.
Regards
Richard
lorrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out there is not an inhibitor switch on the Brake Pedal, so one thing ruled out, also I left it last night with the immobaliser off and it started fine the first few times this morning then would not start, so now looking into Starter moter
lorrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAA DAA, found the fault, it was up under the dash, the immobiliser mount had come un bolted and the box was in the loom upside down hanging on its wires, it was only that I followed the starter motor wire all the way back to the ignition switch and found a pair of wires disappearing down the loom and at the end was the Delphi  Immobiliser, unplugged it and tightened up the connectors and Bobs your Uncle, it now starts every time. Lucky as I had been to a local Isuzu dealer to get a new starter relay and Starter inhibitor relay. First one Isuzu UK did not have one in the UK but could get one from Europe £37 just for a 4 pin 12 volt relay, the other relay had to come from japan as non in UK Or Europe £42, I ask you, you can pick them up from RS Components.
Anyway Problem Solved, so Thanks Eithan and Yabbie.
Fingers crossed for 4am tomorrow.
Regards
Richard
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello1  thumbup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: