2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Dodgy dealers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Isuzu Dealers / Motor traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nellie72

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:49    Post subject: Dodgy dealers Reply with quote

Thanks to don't get done get dom, we're having our money back Very Happy

Last edited by Nellie72 on Thu May 07, 2015 14:29; edited 2 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Matt Quinn

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly - contact your local Trading Standards office...  You may still have the right to reject the goods .

And don't be over-keen on posting potentially defamatory comments on public forums; they can damage your case.  - We don't know what your experince has been exactly; personally I don't even know what an Izumi is!  And frustrating as it may be - it's not helpful to cross-post the same message across the message board.
Nellie72

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Matt, Izumi= over quickly typing fingers on an ipad. I'll get onto trading standards. We tried to reject the vehicle back in December but the garage promised faithfully that they would fix it if we gave then their fifth chance, they seemed like nice enough guys back then so we stupidly gave them yet another chance.

The comments above would only be seen as defamatory of they were untrue. Unfortunately for us, our bank balance and now lack of 4x4, they are quite true.

I have also contacted the bbc programme Don't get done get Dom this morning and just with the brief facts I was able to give them on the phone, they seem very keen on taking up our case, but it's so frustrating that the dealership has consistently been unable to and refuse to fix the vehicle or do anything about it.
Matt Quinn

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a little of this - I used to lecture in TV production, with media law as one of my specialities...  It's best not to get into a position where they're even able to start the wheels in motion. It may never get near the doors of a court; but having to get lawyers involved to fend off the additional distraction of a defamation suit won't help your financial or emotional position.

The BBC MAY help; but can be fairly mercinery... Bear in mind their interest is in making programmes; not being consumer advocates ( although they may give that impression).

The TSOs are the professionals in dealing with such matters. Unfortunately you may also need legal advice which can only come from an appropriate solicitor. The main thing is I think; keep your powder dry!

What is the problem with the car though? - It may well be that others can shed some light if it's a stock fault of some sort. - At the very least that might help you establish liability for repairing it. - It's even possible that Isuzu themselves will be of help.
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 14:44    Post subject: Re: Dodgy dealers Reply with quote

Nellie72 wrote:
Thanks to don't get done get dom, we're having our money back Very Happy

Just to keep things in order for posters............ Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Isuzu Dealers / Motor traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: