2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

how high can I lift a swb 3.1????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bedders

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 19:38    Post subject: how high can I lift a swb 3.1???? Reply with quote

Hi, I've got a 3.1 swb with 2" spring lift, only it's not high enough in my opinion so I wanna go more, can I go +4" without issue and what do I need to do to get its *beep* up???? I'm about to fit a bodylift and my 33"s as the 265 75 16s don't do it for me on the rough stuff.
Any info is highly appreciated!! Cheers.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 19:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TrooperDan

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything over 2" on suspension is not ideal for offroading as you have used up a lot of downward travel. Sussy lift, Body lift and 33s will be about a 6" lift in total on the whole vehicle. don't forget to go wider too to keep the centre of gravity same or lower
Bedders

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got shogun rims with the 33"s force better offset and the arch kit to cover them and if that's not enough I've got a set of 60mm billet spacers, but I wana hold off fitting them if possible.
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can regain some of the down travel at the front by flipping the top balljoints and modifying the existing droop snubbers or fitting low profile ones.
You'll need to check the camber angle after doing this.
Bedders

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive done this on the frontera, I have 10 turns on the front of that but obviously it affects the steering abit! I will do this on the trooper also but stick to the 8 turns as it drives bang on to be fair, however I have a 4" lift on the frontera but it is a lwb, I wanted to know what I'd need to put abit higher lift to the rear as the fuel tank hang hangs abit low. Would I need a prop spacer to raise the rear an extra inch? Obviously the brake lines will need extending as will the breathers.
Bedders

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any info or anything I need to know about fitting a bodylift??
I bought a 2" kit and sent it to the local garage this morning in hope that when I returned it would all be fitted and be a little bit higher so I could put my new wheels/tyres on. Alas, this wasn't to be, they told me "it's a massive job and would take all day, the tank needs dropping blah blah"!???  Now when I lifted my frontera it took me and a mate about 3hrs when we had access to a ramp and I was led to believe that the trooper, being on the same chassis, would be a very similar task?? Am I wrong or am I missing something?????!
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minw went very easy I have to admit.....2 hrs including tea, biccies and lifting bumpers  Very Happy
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifting a Trooper is exactly the same as lifting a Frontera. Same stupid M10 fine captive bolts that shear at the back (6 off on a LWB). Same pitfalls with battery cables, fuel lines, clutch lines, and brake lines. Exactly the same. No need to drop the tank. That garage is talking *beep*. Only difference between the SWB and LWB is it is slightly heavier and you have an extra two mounts (12 off in total).

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

TrooperDan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

bring it up to Pocklington i'll do it while you wait
Bedders

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrooperDan wrote:

Where's Pocklington pal?? I'd be very tempted as then I could get some proper knowledge thrown myway too!!
Cheers all.
Bedders

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bedders wrote:
TrooperDan wrote:

Where's Pocklington pal?? I'd be very tempted as then I could get some proper knowledge thrown myway too!!
Cheers all.

Ok so found Pocklington near York, I'm guessing that's the right place?? It's about 1hr 40mins according to shatnav.
How much would you charge for the lift matey and would it be possible to do it on a Saturday morning by any chance, I'd need to sort a day I'm not working which is the only thing.
Many thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: