Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3" suspension lift advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrooperJack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 13:21    Post subject: 3" suspension lift advice Reply with quote

I had 3" lifted coils and shocks to go on the back last week. Problem was that with the new shocks fitted the larger springs are just going to fall out with any reasonable articulation. I hear spring cones are the go to for this situation but I know there will not be trooper specific ones easily available but landrover ones will do the trick. Could any body tell me which fitment I should look for whether it's defender/discover front or back? For the time being I have reverted back to the old shocks and new lifted springs with the shocks limiting the travel. Many thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 13:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to clamp the springs into the seats at the bottom first  and if you then need cones it will be disco or defender rear ones .

Not quite certain how you would fit them without drilling and bolting though .
TrooperJack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do need to secure the lower part and I hope it will be a case of just drilling and seccuring a cone up top. I will also need an extended brake hose for the rear axel. Anyone found a supplier or somewhere that can make one up?

disappointed that I won't be able to have it flexing for the big Bash next week  Sad
Wilky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave at Llama 4X4 will sort your brake pipesfor you.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQFjAAahUKEwiD6eeO5sDHAhXHF9sKHUAKCos&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.llama4x4.com%2F&ei=O5LaVcPfNMev7AbAlKjYCA&usg=AFQjCNElqyyliuH5exueeQlan2n_LO3jng
TrooperJack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilky wrote:
Dave at Llama 4X4 will sort your brake pipesfor you.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQFjAAahUKEwiD6eeO5sDHAhXHF9sKHUAKCos&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.llama4x4.com%2F&ei=O5LaVcPfNMev7AbAlKjYCA&usg=AFQjCNElqyyliuH5exueeQlan2n_LO3jng

Ok great, I will give Dave a call. Thanks
Pete_88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clamp mine in place with a couple of big tie wraps on the bottom mount, works a treat.
TrooperJack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete_88 wrote:
I clamp mine in place with a couple of big tie wraps on the bottom mount, works a treat.

I thought similar but have been advised that I would still need cones dues to the coils losing contact with the top mount on full flex. Do yours break contact? What lift are you running?  

Many thanks
Pete_88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.5" lift +3.5ish shocks so yeah the springs dislocate, the tie wraps hold them to the bottom and 9 times out of 10 they locate back where they should be at the top.
Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Twister did dizzy cones on his ? And that had a fair ole flex on it  Smile
geeves

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not get shorter shocks?
Ive just been through the same thing and found some shocks 20mm shorten than the ones I was going to use
I ended up with Monroe 15-1592
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines got 3" suspension and 3" body lift. The rear springs have the spacer on top, and I've fitted +2" shocks all round.
At the BB I gave it some stick: at one point we were convinced we were going over into a ditch  Shocked
Nothing went wrong with the suspension, and the brakes are still stamdard and they they still work!
I've have to extend just about everything else mind..... Wink
I think the antiroll bars are whats keeping mine together, I'm planning on removing the rear, but will clamp the bottom of the springs in place first, maybe add cones if I can work out how!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: