4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

57 Plate 2.5l Rodeo cutting out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisnash1982

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 18:12    Post subject: 57 Plate 2.5l Rodeo cutting out Reply with quote

My 2.5l rodeo with the common rail engine regularly cuts out when idling.It doesn't do this all of the time and seems to be worse in cold weather. Replacing the fuel filter regularly seems to help but not cure the problem.

I have taken it to an Isuzu dealer last year who replaced the egr valve and fuel filter and told me that it was due to short runs and poor quality fuel. They also advised using a fuel additive regularly which I now do but doesn't seem to make a difference. I run lots of other vehicles from the same bulk diesel tank without issues so I am a little sceptical on diesel quality being the cause. They charged me £700 for the pleasure so I am not very keen on throwing more money at this.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 18:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

suction.control.valve.is.very.common.these.and.can.cause.cutting.out
Mr_Sheepdog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my Rodeo Denver 3.0L
When outside temp drops to below about 10C problems, until engine warms up, yesterday was no problem, outside temp 13C, day before, 9C so was cutting out.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't changed the suction control valve then get it changed as it was a known issue
chrisnash1982

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, I will give the valve a try. For information the issue with mine is much worse in cold weather too.

I am slightly confused as it looks like there are 2 valves available with a newer type being longer. Some of the information that I have read suggests that the later type is backwards compatible without modification. However I have also seen an adaptor kit available with a spacer.

Can anyone clarify on this please?

Many Thanks,

Chris
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id use genuine
chrisnash1982

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the advice Eithan. I should probably listen to you!

However, quote from Isuzu is £238 for the part. I was told that it was just the valve and that there is no adaptor or spacer in the kit.

I have also spoken to an approved Denso agent and on giving them the part number of the main fuel pump, and they recommend valve 294009-260 at a cost of £44 including postage for a genuine Denso part.

Against your better judgement I'm going to give the cheaper option a go. If there wasn't such a price difference or the Isuzu kit included an adaptor for a modified valve then I might have decided differently. Given Denso have recommended this I can't see it damaging the pump or anything.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Chris
allymac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get on?
bigtedzzr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.eebuygum.com/itm/ISUZU-HOLDEN-D-MAX-RODEO-2-5-3-0-FUEL-PUMP-INLET-METERING-SUCTION-CONTROL-VALVE-/281462419379?hash=item418877afb3:g:d5EAAOSw0vBUaywU&vxp=mtr

I fitted this one in the spring and have had no issues Smile dealer here in Norway wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for the same *beep*.
I have a 2007 3ltr D-Max
Karl
chrisnash1982

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks, sorry for the delay.

I bought the valve a month or so ago but only got round to fitting it over xmas. So far so good although as a caveat I will add that we have not had much cold weather yet which brings on the problem. I bought the valve from a company called PF Jones and it cost me £43.90 including shipping.

Bit of a pig to fit due to limited access- make sure you have a good set of Allen keys! Running sweetly at the moment  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: