4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Shot oil pump??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gjjd 3663

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 14:04    Post subject: Shot oil pump?? Reply with quote

Hi still chasing my starting / running problem
I have replaced the ORPS and ROPCV with new ones
On cold start up i have 5mpa at the orps on the tech2 but the ropcv is showing 88% !!!!! Should be 22%?
As the engine warms up the mpa on the orps drops away to 2.8mpa at which point the engine dies the 88% on the ropcv stays the same
On cranking the hot engine i can only get 1.8mpa on the orps but the ropcv goes up to 98%!!
Im guessing the oil pump is shot

What does the two way check valve between the pump and the oil rail do

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks Geoff
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 14:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a % that high the Ecu is looking for oil so either a strainer issue, hoop issue or an internal oil leak, if you got an oil gauge that will go up above 40psi fit it to where the supply pipe for hoop joins down by the engine mount, you should have between 30-40psi when cranking, this will check the strainer and low pressure oil pump.
If that's ok the remove the rocker cover and reattach the pipe but disconnect the injectors and crank it over whilst someone looks around the injectors for leaks, there shouldn't be any leaks at all especially from the exhaust ports on the injectors, if there's oil coming out then the injector is no good. Also check the end caps of the rail as the o rings do get chewed up and can leak
Gjjd 3663

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry what do you mean by hoop?
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

HPOP , High pressure oil pump , probably some pizza on his keyboard   Laughing
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pizza and the space bar has stopped working so having to do it on the phone!!
Jackaroo Ted

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 15:41    Post subject: Re: Shot oil pump?? Reply with quote

Gjjd 3663 wrote:
Hi still chasing my starting / running problem
I have replaced the ORPS and ROPCV with new ones
On cold start up i have 5mpa at the orps on the tech2 but the ropcv is showing 88% !!!!! Should be 22%?
As the engine warms up the mpa on the orps drops away to 2.8mpa at which point the engine dies the 88% on the ropcv stays the same
On cranking the hot engine i can only get 1.8mpa on the orps but the ropcv goes up to 98%!!
Im guessing the oil pump is shot

What does the two way check valve between the pump and the oil rail do

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks Geoff

Sorry, but I don't know the history, so if you don't mind elaborating on the details somewhat?
What grade oil are you using and what level is showing on the dipstick?

So how long does motor run for, before it stalls?
How long do you wait before it will restart?
Might be the short Oil pick-up pipe bracket has cracked and pick-up has dropped off into your sump?
The open pipe can suck oil in, but the engine only runs a short time before oil level drops below pick-up pipe level.
Then you need to wait a while befor the oil drains back through galleys and covers pick-up pipe opening again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: