4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Isuzu Trooper 3L Cut out while driving and now wont start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlieb86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 21:58    Post subject: Isuzu Trooper 3L Cut out while driving and now wont start Reply with quote

Hi

I'm having a Starting issue with my trooper 3L, 54 plate, 74000 miles,
When driving the other day it simply cut out at about 30mph,
She spins over and battery power is fine, plenty of fuel to filter and primer is hard, + filter is new.
Before this happened it was running sweet, recently (in past few weeks) had new glow plugs, oil & filters, fuel filter, timing belt
Can anyone explain how to check the ORPCV, I removed it and put a pos / neg to the 2 terminals on the coil / solenoid, I can hear a slight click but could be just the spark from dabbing the wire on & off,
We ordered a new one and carried out the same test and can see no difference or anything different happening between the old and new unit, is the valve supposed to move out when it operates? as like i say i can really see nothing moving
I've already tried cutting the white wire to the ROPS with no success.
We plugged in out snap on modis machine and its connecting but saying no fault codes present, or no DTC's
Would a Tech 2 be more useful?
There is no smoke coming out exhaust when cranking. I have noticed that the oil pressure light seems to take a while longer to go out when cranking than before when it would go out a half a second before starting, is this relevant?
Ive also checked all the obvious fuses and found non popped.
Any helps greatly appreciated
Thanks
Charlie
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 21:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , putting 12v dc into the ropcv coil won't really do much as its a proportional control valve and works on milliamps .

There are several readings  on tech 2 and modius which are not right but won't throw a fault code due to the variations that are acceptable in the ECU's set programme .

If modius can put up a live data screen ( it can if you can work it lol ) look at the rail oil pressure figures and compare the desired to the actual , then its finding the leak in the oil system .

The possible causes are the pickup for the hpop supply has got as suction problem or just fell off in the sump.

Did you check both fuse boxes ? one in the engine bay and the one by your feet .

Oil lights for the lube system so not really relevant . Same as the smoke , no injection takes place till a clean burn can be achieved .
Charlieb86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the swift reply

Yes I checked both fuse boxes,
We can get the live date readings up so will give that a go in the morning. I've heard there can be a common issue with the oil pick up in the sump? Please can you elaborate on this? And what to look for?
Will disconnecting the white wire off the ROPS def remove this as a potential cause?
Many thanks
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The metal pick up pipe breaks off for the hpop supply so if you put 2 liters more oil in over the full mark on the dipstick it covers the inlet but you can see the rail oil pressure on the live data so if it does not rise at all do the 2 liters.

With the rops it is a 99% certain  test for starting ,again you will see 27 Mpa's against the desired figure on the live data .
Charlieb86

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks,

I plugged in our snap on modius today but the live date was very limited on this vehicle, and didn't show the oil pressure as it normally does when plugging into other vehicles.

None of our local garages have the diagnostics to assist any better than ours so I'm thinking I may have to add 2 litres of oil to eliminate the oil pick up issue, is it something that you should only do briefly to see if it starts?

Failing that am I going to have to take it to someone with more suitable diagnostics?

Thanks again.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as your careful on the throttle you can drive them around, i went out to a do a recovery on one and put the extra oil in and drove it back to the workshop with no issues but i wouldn't drive it round all the time like that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: