QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rodeo condensation moisture inside windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docstrooper3.0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 19:10    Post subject: Rodeo condensation moisture inside windows Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone suffer from condensation on the inside of their rodeo, mine is the max leave model. Leather seats, the minute I leave the 4x4 the windows steam up and in the winter I need a towel to catch the frost off the inside of the window. Any help welcome thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 19:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grandad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you drive with the heating set on recirculate the interior will not dry out so if the carpets are damp this will cause the steaming up of the windows
you need to set the heating to fresh air coming in and the car will dry out eventually
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if you get the cabin nice and hot and then open the doors to let it out, it helps release some of the condensation.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

docstrooper3.0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just lifted the carpet on the passenger side and it's soaking, gonna run a hose and see where I'm leaking, will keep you posted
Yabbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

what year is your leaking rodeo?

EDIT never mind I found out>2009

Earlier models leaked at a plastic clip retainer at the bulkhead.It was a *beep* of a leak to find.But yours is way different in design,so might be something else.Maybe even a loose clamp on heater hose or dodgy heater core??
docstrooper3.0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I have it sorted, the rear left door was full of water the small type duck valve was blocked and not letting the water out
docstrooper3.0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update, still not fixed. Carrying a towel to wipe the water off the inside of the window screen. Even put the dehumidifier in it but it was empty. Out of ideas.
Mr_Sheepdog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get rid of moisture inside, try running with temp up to get as much moisture into the air, windows closed etc, then switch to Air-con maximum cooling circulating air, no fresh, the evaporator behind the dash will then condense the moisture from the air. You should get a puddle under the car from the evaporator outlet. Air-con doing its job, Conditioning the air, in this case drying it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: