QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Renewing fuel feed, return and breather pipes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bubble-07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 22:31    Post subject: Renewing fuel feed, return and breather pipes Reply with quote

3.1 td 1995

I've got a leaking feed pipe just forward of the rear cross member on the o/s. Putting out about a litre a day parked up for last 8 days without being started up - I assume by syphonic action as the point of the leak is lower than the tank?

I don't imagine it's the hardest job in the world to do myself but don't want make an ar*e of it or find I haven't bought the right connectors or whatever. If the pipes have started to go - I've decided I'd best just renew the lot rather than start patch repairing.

Roughly what would a garage charge to renew all fuel pipes - or how many hours should it take under workshop conditions?

I'm looking to increase the feed to 10mm and the return & breather to 8mm to help when using veg oil. I use a small and trustworthy one man operation for jobs I'm not confident enough to do myself. His rates are about £35/hr labour, so what could I expect to pay? Am I looking at big bucks?

Cheers

Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 22:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardest part is the top of the tank. Not much room there without a body lift. The rest is simple.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for jumping in on your post, but please can anybody confirm what the original ID pipe is for the 3.1 please. I believe 6mm but having seen reference to 8mm and 10mm respectively I'm not so sure. Appreciate the reference is to veg/bio fuel allowance but for running standard diesel would it make a difference. If it proves that the original steel pipes are 6mm ID, by upgrading to the larger ID, would this make a significant improvement or would it be detrimental to the running of the motor running on standard diesel? Another thought is that is it advisable to go for the larger ID if replacing the original steel with braided PVC/plastic fuel pipe.
The reason why I'm asking is that I wish to buy a job lot to cater for both my mates Trooper 3.1 and my Frontera 2.8 and I can't see why it wouldn't match for the 2 different similar engines from the same era.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: