QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Giving the Trooper and law abidingTrooper owners a bad name.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> In the news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bubble-07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 21:08    Post subject: Giving the Trooper and law abidingTrooper owners a bad name. Reply with quote

Should be banned from owning a trooper for life as well.

Derbyshire Constabulary

Brothers Kyle and Daniel Green, along with their accomplice Martin Skinner, have been jailed after admitting a charge of badger baiting. They were in a 4x4 driving through Darley Dale when officers stopped them.
In the rear of the vehicle were two badly injured dogs, which needed urgent veterinary treatment.
The men were also found to have what was believed to be blood on their hands and clothing, while a substantial amount of blood was found in and on the outside of the 4x4.
All three were arrested on suspicion of badger baiting and bailed while samples of the blood were sent off for forensic testing, along with hair found in the dogs’ jaws.
The analysis identified that the blood and hair belonged to a badger and the men were then charged, despite a carcass not being recovered.
Kyle Green, 24, of Armside Road, Maltby, Rotherham; Daniel Green, 27, of Askern Road, Toll Bar, Doncaster; and Martin Skinner, 29, of Headingley Way, Edlington, Doncaster, were all charged with wilfully injuring a badger.
They were also charged with two counts of causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal, which related to the two dogs.
The Green brothers and Skinner initially pleaded not guilty to the charges but changed their pleas on the first day of a trial at Chesterfield Justice Centre on Monday.
They have now been jailed for three months and are banned from keeping dogs for five years. The dogs were confiscated and have been re-homed.
PC Andrew Shaw, who led the investigation, said: “Derbyshire is a haven for wildlife and unfortunately certain members of society choose to target the wildlife we have in our county.
“The sentences these men have received, together with the police investigation, show just how seriously we treat wildlife crime and I hope it will deter others from committing similar acts of extreme cruelty in the future.”
The trio’s Isuzu Trooper 4x4 was stopped in Bank Road, Matlock, in May last year after officers followed it from Darley Dale.
As part of the subsequent investigation, the blood found on the clothing of the men and the vehicle, together with the hairs, were sent to Science and Advice for Scottish Agriculture for testing.
The forensic work was partially paid for by the Forensic Analysis Fund, which offers financial support to police forces seeking to carry out tests during a wildlife crime investigation. The RSPB, Defra, the WWF and Trace all contribute to the scheme.
PC Emerson Buckingham said: “This is a great result and will send a message to others who are thinking of coming to Derbyshire to commit these types of offences.
“We work hard to tackle wildlife crime in Derbyshire but we rely on the help of the public to identify crimes and catch offenders.
“I would urge anyone with information on any type of wildlife crime to call 101 and ask to speak to a wildlife crime officer.”
Derbyshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner, Alan Charles, made tackling wildlife crime one of his priorities.
He said: “This case demonstrates that those who seek to commit crimes against wildlife will be brought to justice and they may receive a serious custodial sentence. It’s a really good piece of work.
“It also made me reflect that when I first became PCC I was always being asked, and indeed I am still asked, why I included wildlife crime in my police and crime plan for Derbyshire.
“I think this case is the perfect answer to that question.”
We have a dedicated Wildlife Crime section on our website: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/…/Wildl…/Wildlife-Crime.aspx
Derbyshire Constabulary's photo.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 21:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> In the news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: