QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Leaky commercial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culejules

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 23:06    Post subject: Leaky commercial Reply with quote

Hi All

New to the forum and Trooper ownership. I've wanted one for a while and finally picked up a '92 3.0 commercial a few weeks back. Only 77K and it has full main dealer service history and has had all the recalls done. I'm really impressed with it so far.

All seems well mechanically after a few hundred miles and I've changed all the filters and fluids. Chassis also looks to be solid.  

It does have a few bodywork issues though. Lots (100s!) of stone chips that have been neglected and left to rust and the rear bumper reinforcement needs welding, but what's puzzling me today is a rainwater leak I spotted inside the back.  It's coming down the inside of the "blanking panel" that is where the NSR window would be on the estate model. I've searched the forum but can't find any reference to this issue.  Before I rip the interior trim out, has anyone had experience of this?  

I've looked in the workshop manual to see if there are any roof drains present that might be blocked and my other thought was that it could be coming in under the exterior black trim strip. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance folks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 23:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

d12
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the roof rack mounting holes in the roof , there's 6 either side under plastic trim , maybe they need to be resealed
Culejules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks d12, will check that first thing once it's light.
Culejules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sign of any leaks from the roof, so it looks like I'm pulling out the trim inside next to confirm it's coming in through  the side panel seal.  

Been thinking of the best way to reattach the black vinyl-covered exterior trim after the job's done. It looks like it pushes onto little sprigs jutting out from the panel or from under the rivets but these are crumbling to dust as I'm checking. Has anyone used another method with success? Grab adhesive or silicone sealant maybe?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: