All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Dead Troopper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joseph

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 16:35    Post subject: Dead Troopper Reply with quote

Good day mates..

Hope someone could shed some light on my Troopers darkest hours..

I was driving perfectly along the highway. Hitting around 110 on the meter then suddenly the engine just lost power as in lights off..
I was able to pull it on the side of the road but no avail. Just wont start again.
Check engine lights on. But no response on the engine until the battery drained already.
Have to tow it to the mechanic. He suspected that it could be the RPS (that is what I remember though). After replacing, the car still would not start.
Checked the harness, computer box and other stuffs but still would not start.

After a couple of days he rang me up saying that I need to change the whole engine. ( say WHAAAT..?)..

I wonder how come that I need to change the whole engine when it only stopped and lost power.

Would anyone have an idea how can I fix the problem..
Isuzu Trooper 2000 model.

Many thanks..
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 16:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

nzomosky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joseph,

Assuming its a 3.0 since you mentioned an ORPS, confirm the level of oil?
1997 3.1TD 4JG2-T Auto to Manual convert

LTM 0098
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

you won't need to change the whole engine just the sensor or valve that is causing the issue, so the things to check are brake light fuse, oil level on max then add another 2 litres, remove oil rail control valve and check the plunger hasn't got stuck, as you have changed the oil rail pressure sensor no need to do the white wire trick, air in fuel system.

there are other things but you need a tech2 to check them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: