2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Remote Keys (fobs)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajg68

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 19:41    Post subject: Remote Keys (fobs) Reply with quote

Hi, my '06 Rodeo has just decided that its not going to unlock/lock the doors with any of the 3 key fobs that were previously working.

I have a clone Tech 2 and when connecting up to the antitheft computer it shows no error codes other than a disconnected horn (I needed to stop the alarm going of when unlocking the door with the key!).

As far as I can tell all the parameters look normal.

I decided to delete the existing remote keys from memory in order to try & reprogram them in.

Not having done this programming before I'm not sure I'm doing it right. The Tech 2 says "hold remote key to receiver and activate several times". I've tried clicking the fob buttons many times and (hopefully) pointing at the receiver, but the Tech 2 never moves from that screen, so either a) I'm not doing the programming right, or b) something is wrong that's not showing up in the data read or error codes. If I exit the screen the Tech 2 says "remote key programming interrupted"

Anyone have any ideas about how I should program the fob into the antitheft computer, am I pointing at the receiver ie the unit to the inside left of the glove box, not clicking enough times, or what might be amiss ?

Thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 19:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are a radio signal so you don't need to point it at anything you just press the buttons and normally after the first button is pressed the door locks cycle and that fob is done you then do the others the same. it's odd all 3 have gone wrong at the same time but the fobs are prone for going down, if you pop them apart sometimes you can see a dry solder joint on one of the terminals right in the middle of the fob.

i'm surprised it didn't ask for a code to do the coding
ajg68

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan, I forgot to mention that it did need a security code, fortunately I found this in the truck's documentation.

I find it odd that all 3 fobs went down together too, especially as one of them is only 6 months old (was bought from the dealer who had also programmed it in for me)

My concern is that there is something else wrong, but I'm really not sure what that could be, given that there are no errors according to the tech 2 data.

I also ran the tests for unlocking/locking actuation which also had no issues.

Thanks for your response.
james79

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. With my 55 plate when the fobs stop working (a pretty regular occurrence  Sad  ) you can resync them by putting the key in the ignition, turning it on and then activating either of the lock/unlock buttons. The car then locks and unlocks itself three times (I think) to show the procedure has worked and hey presto, job done. Admittedly I've never had the fobs pack up together before but you've nothing to lose by trying  Smile
ajg68

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

james79 wrote:
Hi. With my 55 plate when the fobs stop working (a pretty regular occurrence  Sad  ) you can resync them by putting the key in the ignition, turning it on and then activating either of the lock/unlock buttons. The car then locks and unlocks itself three times (I think) to show the procedure has worked and hey presto, job done. Admittedly I've never had the fobs pack up together before but you've nothing to lose by trying  Smile

Thanks for the thought James, unfortunately I had tried that first before getting the Tech 2 Sad

I'm stumped so I think it may need to make a trip to the dealership!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: