All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0 litre Trooper just dies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huffy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 14:05    Post subject: 3.0 litre Trooper just dies Reply with quote

Went to the auction today ,  that's about 12 miles away.  Towing a trailer that had given me grief with its indicators for an hr !!
Got 6 miles into the journey and I thought I detected a slight electrical burning smell ,but I am not too sure  bout that . It was on the A 41 following quite a bit of traffic and a couple of lorries , so cant be sure!

At the final 200 yds away from my destination for unloading , the truck just ran out of power and died ! Sad  Sad

Cranks quickly but never offers to fire !!
     We had an issue with my white wire repair a few days ago ,namely I had rejoined it a few yrs ago when I had a new ORPS fitted at the dealers (cut to get it there)
the truck had been hunting a fair bit recently and son detected that the bullets were not exactly conductive at all times!!   soldered and shrink tubed it and for a few days it ticks over great.
Cut the wire again today , to see if that was an issue , but no change !!

I know I should get a code reader on it , but are there any other things that might be worth a good look at before I think about changing the ecu ??
(Which I did a few yrs ago, an ECU , along with an immobiiser and key ,all off the same donar vehicle !")
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 14:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Huffy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Josephs post below , which is quite similar to mine .   Excuse me for being lazy and not patrolling through all the threads !!

The Trooper  is due a service - overdue .   The oil level is a bit down I think (didn't top it up because we are about to change oil any day)

I cant recall seeing the Engine Check Light on when I turn the key but I may be wrong ,if that's any help
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the brake light fuse if the trailer had dodgy electrics as it powers the ecu as well
Huffy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eithan .  I had actually read a few other posts , and the brake fuse rang a bell !!!

So we checked the brake lights and they were not working !!

In with a 15 amp fuse ,that corresponded to Engine ?? fuse , yet she wouldn't start right away ,loads of white smoke , so all that extra diesel was cramping her style , before she eventually fired up!!!!Whey hey =

Result!!!
Thanks for taking the time to reply - we got there in the end  Cool
Huffy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

On reflection , I must say what a great forum this is!!
 I had a look at this thread ,
   http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26611&sid=1387b08fdd42e939b302b89a1a06ee62
and that was so helpful to me  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: