2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suction control valve?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goggs73

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 14:17    Post subject: Suction control valve? Reply with quote

Hi I was sitting with motor idling today and iut just stalled foir no reason,  no lights illuminated on dash , and fired up again and drove home,around 5 miles no problems.
Would this be the valve, if so is it an  intermittent fault that will get gradually worse, will it only happen on idling don't fancy this happening at speed approaching a corner!
And how big a job to change,  I see on another thread a company by the name of PF Jones as someone who does them,
Thankjs in advance, and happy new year ,and trouble free motoring to Isuzu owners for 2017 and beyond.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 14:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes thats the valve by the sounds of it, there are different types including a modded one from isuzu so make sure you get the right one
Goggs73

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethan,  will the number be on the back of the existing one, and will it tally with fuel pump number,
Also, I may not be able to get it sorted immediately,
Will it be OK to run it for a week or two until sorted,
Will I need to get part from Isuzu, dealers, i have little time for them sfter the poor service regarding the charging issue.and what kind of price am I looking at.
Thanks
Goggs73

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethan , I've found a denso suction control valve on eebuygum,
I have got the number from the pump,
294000 0237 the one on eebuygum ends in number 0260. But is listed as compatible with mine,
Do you reckon it would be the same,
£72, with 12 month warranty.

There is another listed for Isuzu but it ends 360 and is £10 cheaper, would there be any difference I.e more expensive better however the 360 ending is not among the compatible numbers listed for the other one !
bigtedzzr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Goggs
This is the one I fitted to my 2007 3ltr D-Max about 2 years ago.

http://www.eebuygum.com/itm/281462419379?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Easy to fit maybe best to move ac compressor for more room as it can be a bit of a tight work space.
Regards
Karl
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would phone a dealer and get the part no for yours then go from there as there are different ones
Goggs73

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was fine today. Is it likely to get worse over time. If it does stall or go into limp will stopping and restarting see it ok again for a while.  Just wondering if it will do any damage running it until i replace it
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will get worse which will lead to  low fuel pressure and in time a complete non start
Goggs73

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought so, I'm keeping running to minimum until its sorted,
Tell me Ethan I have e-mail about the compatibility if the one I ordered.
How long will oit take to find out if I fit it whether its correct.
I've checked again and appears the one I've ordered is compatible
I hope!
Goggs73

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick query, apologies for being a pest, if the valve i have ordered is the wrong one,  would giving the existing one a clean and putting back on until i got the correct one be ok?
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing really to clean it will look immaculate it's more wear that causes the issue
Goggs73

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booked in to local garage next Tues, they have never changed one so can't say ghghow long it will take,
I am awaiting a call back from the Isuzu dealer here with a price if a genuine Isuzu one mainly just out of interest, the llocal Isuzu dealer says he hgas never changed on either,
They can't find a price for  their system and are going to get in touch with Isuzu direct for a price, that doesn't surprise me they are useless .

I will get part number from the Isuzu dealer foir the local garage if the one I have is wrong should make getting correct one quicker I hope.

I saw on YouTube a guy changed  his and took off the passenger wheel and in from there as the easiest access
bigtedzzr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed mine in under an hour. Its not hard just a bit cramped. Mine is still going good after 2 years no problems.
Think my local isuzu dealer here in Norway wanted nearly £200 just for the part and I paid less than a 100 and fitted myself.
Karl
Goggs73

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the new scv today I know there are different ones, the one I have is the same length as the one currently fitted, so hopefully it is the correct one, I was under the impression that the difference was in length of scv,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: